ICON rear springs verse Deaver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shipping would kill me both ways, plus the work, I’m better off buying new ones, just wondering if I want to have Deaver make custom ones, or go with Icon? I see RPG makes some as well? Now which ones?

I have deaver +3 HD. With an 800 pound over stock load capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
I have deaver +3 HD. With an 800 pound over stock load capacity.

Well I guess I talk to Deaver. Are you happy with the 800 or would 600 be a better ride?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
800 works for me. No complaints. I usually have about 200 pounds of gear in the back.
This gives me some wiggle room with camping gear and other stuff. Ride is still more plush than stock.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

@RDFTS might have Icons, I have Deaver +3's and sat 3/4 higher in back even with Geiser springs set at midperch on stock shocks.

I had WSI HD springs at one time, took them off and sold them when I got the ICON RXT System that included the leaf springs. I added the extra leaf when installing and have been very happy with the outcome. You can definitely feel it working when off-roading with weight in the back. With an empty bed, it is somewhat bouncy, definitely works better with weight.

Personally I wouldn't switch the extra leaf in and out just when off-roading, seems like a pain as removing leafs, taking them apart each time, re-installing would be a pain plus technically you should change the u-bolts each time as they are not really designed to be used over and over again due to the torque to yield.

I sell either brand, ICON or Deavers. @mstennes , I can do a custom order with Deaver for you at no additional cost for one designed for a heavier load but it takes about 6 weeks or so to ship. Shipping to commercial usually runs between $150-$160 and residential around $180-$195 but would need exact address to provide accurate quote. Send me a PM if you are interested in seeing the cost of either option.

Jepper

Reaction score
For me, by far the Icons without the add-a-leaf. Stiffer than stock but softer than Deavers. Didn’t need the add-a-leaf as I don’t have anything in the bed and running the 3.0 shocks. Most of my driving is highway, so the feel is more forgiving.

link to the icons you bought?

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
I had WSI HD springs at one time, took them off and sold them when I got the ICON RXT System that included the leaf springs. I added the extra leaf when installing and have been very happy with the outcome. You can definitely feel it working when off-roading with weight in the back. With an empty bed, it is somewhat bouncy, definitely works better with weight.

Personally I wouldn't switch the extra leaf in and out just when off-roading, seems like a pain as removing leafs, taking them apart each time, re-installing would be a pain plus technically you should change the u-bolts each time as they are not really designed to be used over and over again due to the torque to yield.

I sell either brand, ICON or Deavers. @mstennes , I can do a custom order with Deaver for you at no additional cost for one designed for a heavier load but it takes about 6 weeks or so to ship. Shipping to commercial usually runs between $150-$160 and residential around $180-$195 but would need exact address to provide accurate quote. Send me a PM if you are interested in seeing the cost of either option.

@Rick@FreedomMotorsports IM sent, thank you.