ICON rear springs verse Deaver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
ICON rear springs vs Deaver

I have a set of Deavers now, which even though their the plus 3’s, it still sits low in the back, I see here that with ICONs they supply a addional spring for bed loads which when I throw in the off road items, weighing about 500 pounds I really sit low. What is the word on these as far a good to go?2010-2014 Ford SVT Raptor RXT Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Springs
Thank you!

Last edited:

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RDFTS might have Icons, I have Deaver +3's and sat 3/4 higher in back even with Geiser springs set at midperch on stock shocks.

Last edited:

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've already got deavers the most cost effective solution would be to add an overload leaf. Give deaver a call and let them know how you use your truck. They'll have an answer.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, by far the Icons without the add-a-leaf. Stiffer than stock but softer than Deavers. Didn’t need the add-a-leaf as I don’t have anything in the bed and running the 3.0 shocks. Most of my driving is highway, so the feel is more forgiving.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
If you've already got deavers the most cost effective solution would be to add an overload leaf. Give deaver a call and let them know how you use your truck. They'll have an answer.

I emailed Deaver and here’s what I received back,

Yeah that weight certainly is more than those springs were designed for. Unfortunately there is no just easy way to stick a leaf in there and expect it to transform the sag. My recommendation would be to order a heavier duty spring and sell those to someone that doesn’t have any weight.

Scott Born
Operations, Sales and Marketing
Deaver Spring Inc
902 E. 2nd Street
Santa Ana, Ca 92701
714-542-3703
714-542-2898 fax

Now what? Custom Deavers or Icons?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I have a set of Deavers now, which even though their the plus 3’s, it still sits low in the back, I see here that with ICONs they supply a addional spring for bed loads which when I throw in the off road items, weighing about 500 pounds I really sit low. What is the word on these as far a good to go?2010-2014 Ford SVT Raptor RXT Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Springs
Thank you!

I originally had Deaver +2 installed which I was happy with at first as I sat level and the +2's were so much better over stock. However as soon as I dropped my chase rack, 2 tires and gear in to the bed I sat nose high. Off-road I was on the bumpstops a lot as well.

Towing was even worse... I sagged a lot in the rear and at the beach I would drag the stabilizer jacks and almost get stuck!

I went back to Deaver and had them re-arch my springs to +3 and add a load leaf. Now even with my gear in the bed I sit at a factory stance. With my trailer I sit level.

On and off-road the ride is great. I would contact Deaver and having the re-arch to +3 and add a load leaf. It will not be costly and it will solve your issue right away!

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Shipping would kill me both ways, plus the work, I’m better off buying new ones, just wondering if I want to have Deaver make custom ones, or go with Icon? I see RPG makes some as well? Now which ones?