FOX 3.0 Rear Bypass Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are very nice and fairly easy to tinker with to feel the changes. I even had my dad drive my truck with me in the back seat to get a better feel for things in the rear. We rolled up a down a very rough dirt road chewed up by large trucks. With windows down the shocks are sure clicky!

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay i now also get some rear Fox 3.0 Shocks.

I don´t know anythink about shocks, so i try to find a Video on www which explain the Fox Shocks 3.0 but did not found one.

At the moment my problem is that the suspension is very rough, so i ordered Deaver 3+ and Fox 3.0.

I hope the Deaver 3+ do 90% of the job so that the truck get more comfortable. The last 10% i hope that the Fox bring the rest of comfort.

So now my question is how i have to adjust the Shocks for every mode?
I go out of the Truck and adjust the shocks for every situation.

- Street mode so that it is comfortabel (we have some bad rouds here in Germany) sometimes with some payload sometimes with no payload?

- Street mode with a trailer, so that the truck does not start to picht up and down on the rear?

- Offroad setting, which is the best setting for the truck, not for the driver? A setting which helps to protect the truck as good as possible when offroading hard?

I read about (in germany we call it "Druck- und Zugstufe") rebounce and any other one but don´t know what it is exactly and how and which knobs i have to move that i get all thest settings i write about.

Found a Video in youtube but there where no example.

Maybe the Suspension Guys can help a bit.

Thanks
Daniel

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay i now also get some rear Fox 3.0 Shocks.

I don´t know anythink about shocks, so i try to find a Video on www which explain the Fox Shocks 3.0 but did not found one.

At the moment my problem is that the suspension is very rough, so i ordered Deaver 3+ and Fox 3.0.

I hope the Deaver 3+ do 90% of the job so that the truck get more comfortable. The last 10% i hope that the Fox bring the rest of comfort.

So now my question is how i have to adjust the Shocks for every mode?
I go out of the Truck and adjust the shocks for every situation.

- Street mode so that it is comfortabel (we have some bad rouds here in Germany) sometimes with some payload sometimes with no payload?

- Street mode with a trailer, so that the truck does not start to picht up and down on the rear?

- Offroad setting, which is the best setting for the truck, not for the driver? A setting which helps to protect the truck as good as possible when offroading hard?

I read about (in germany we call it "Druck- und Zugstufe") rebounce and any other one but don´t know what it is exactly and how and which knobs i have to move that i get all thest settings i write about.

Found a Video in youtube but there where no example.

Maybe the Suspension Guys can help a bit.

Thanks
Daniel

Have you read through this one?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f191/fox-3-0-shock-settings-maintenance-16004/

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope Yoe because i only found this one. But it looks like that the Link you postet is what I need.

Try to read and understand it this evening.
If i have more question than i think you are the right guy for me. ;-)

Thank you
Daniel

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so now i try to find a good setting after reading this and a other Treat.

But it is very hard to understand what all you expert write up here.
I feel a difference after click on the valves (blue and red) but not realy sure what i do there.

So now here is my question.

What is the best setting for the Shocks and the Truck (bent NOT the frame etc.) if i ride on off road and maybe jump? Or if on the road there is a speed stoper?

And what is the most comfortable setting? I have read that is not good to set (don´t know which valve) to open complete because reflow after a bump is not fast enough, so the next bump is rough. But not sure which valve that is.

And if you guys wirte "from closed" does that mean from - to + or from + to - ???

Now the rear of the truck feels much more comfortable but it need to be fine tune.

Maybe @ FOX @FOX also can say anything to my situation.

Daniel

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Off I remove the manual correctly, closed is threaded all the way in. Righty tighty. From there when you turn it to the left, it will open the valve.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the adjustment knobs they're actually inverse:

Righty tightly or closed = + on the knob which increases comp.
Left or open is actually - on the knob so Decreases comp.

This inverse design confused me at first..

Last edited:

woutvc

Reaction score
I ordered Fox 3.0 in April. And it seems that The Fox 3.0 with the CD adjuster is hard to come by.
Should I go for a 3.0 without the CD adjuster or just wait.
And can someone tell me if it is true that Fox has a delay in producing the 3.0 with CD adjuster?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your referring to D.SC. On the fronts then that's nice to have but I wouldn't wait for it.

All 3.0 have a long and short compression dampening adjustment knobs.

You can always add It later ..

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`m so confused about all these settings, turns and clicks.......

I still look for a soft ride feeling on road. At the moment my setting is

Both Compression tube full open to allow fluid to flow.
Rebound is from fully open 4 clicks or 1 turn to closed.

It sometimes feels good. But the short bumps like gully cover or pothole feels like the suspension can not handle this bumps. It just feels like the truck dont have a suspension.

Maybe you know a solution.

Regards
Daniel