DIY - Stock Raptor 2.5 Shock Rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roughly. Can add a little more for bleed.

Thanks for all the help. Last question, 24oz of fluid for the rear and 20 for the front, correct?

The directions within this post call for 825ml for the rears. I have now seen 20ozs (~710ml), 750-760ml, and 825ml all referenced within this same post?

Which is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ice.v8

Reaction score
Hello, i'm writing from italy and i need to rebuild the shocks, raptor has 54k miles and the previous owner has them rebuild by a shop but two of them are still leaking oil... so i think it's better to do it yourself since i did a lot of mechanical works...

I only have some questions since i read all the thread, the pdfs and look the video and i got different answer...

First one on the IFP, if i understand right for the front shock we have to put it in, then put the snap ring, then force it to the snap ring with air from the charging port and then push it back down 3 - 4 mm ?
While for the rear shock we have to put the IFP down till the end of the reservoir body and then pull it back 3 - 4 mm ?

then we have to fill with oil the shocks, is right Front - 575 ML and Rear - 825 ML ?

then we can close all the shocks, unscrew the bleeder and charge them with bleeder open till no air is exit, then close the bleeder and do the final charge to 240psi front and rear ?

thanks for help guys... i will really appreciate a reply...

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct with the IFP being installed, then the snap ring, then use air to "set" the snap ring.
Pushing the piston down after that allows you to slight over fill so you have enough to bleed the shocks.

Then add fluid, bleed. PSI will be changed to 200 PSI Now. Fox provided wrong info and shocks are at the 200 psi range.

ice.v8

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, great i was correct for the front... and for the rear we have to put the IFP down till the end of the reservoir body and then pull it back 3 - 4 mm ? still for the same purpose to have a little more fluid in ?

are the capacity right ?

ok we will charge only to 200psi and not to 240...

thanks again

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, great i was correct for the front... and for the rear we have to put the IFP down till the end of the reservoir body and then pull it back 3 - 4 mm ? still for the same purpose to have a little more fluid in ?

are the capacity right ?

ok we will charge only to 200psi and not to 240...

thanks again

It does not need to be accurate to 3-4 mil. Use the mark 1 eyeball and approximate. All it is doing is allowing for more fluid and also a buffer zone so the IFP does not hit the ring.

To note, Fox does not preset the IFP. As a community we agreed we should hence our documentation.

ice.v8

Reaction score
ok thanks for the help. i will go with 575ml and 825ml as i read so i have enough fluid for bleeding...