What We're Testing This Week: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e2014e5fd916e8970c-800wi.jpgWe've got our hands on a 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman with a 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 that we're putting through the paces in California's Mojave Desert this week.

More...

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of good comments from the public so far. When it comes to trucks like this I think function is more important than anything else. So many companies put out products as "off road" or "trail rated". And then when you compare them to their stock products there is no great difference. The Raptor is the first truck that backs up it's claims as being the ultimate off road truck. I wouldn't think twice about another truck until somebody puts something out that can hang with a Raptor.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Frank... my understanding is that this is actually basically just a TRX by a new name...

Four Wheeler said:
TRX4 Goes Outdoors
Ram has announced that the TRX4 off-road package has been renamed on all Ram 1500s as the Outdoorsman. And for the first time, the heavy-duty trucks get the same dedicated off-road package as the 1/2-ton. Rather than catering to wheelers, Ram is targeting the Outdoorsman models as a package for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you check off the Outdoorsman package on the 1500 or HD trucks, you'll get standard trailer towing and lighting upgrades, as well as skidplates and all-terrain tires, along with a limited-slip differential and two-tone paint. The Ram Box is optional on the 1500 models and can be upgraded with the new Ram Box Holster option to securely carry either long guns or fishing rods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter