who makes the best roof mounts for the 50" Rigid E2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not ADD they do not fit well on the truck. Poor design requiring you to drill holes in your truck and rub against the frame of the door while off road. Lex I have not touched but would like to try a set and should soon. The best mounted ones I have seen so far are NFAB but require removing headliner. It is easy to do and comparing the two I would prefer to remove the headliner and do that mount.... Nobody really address getting the wire from the light to a power source. Also you will hear some harmonic hum from the 50 inch light at above about 60 MPH..

ADDGrant

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not ADD they do not fit well on the truck. Poor design requiring you to drill holes in your truck and rub against the frame of the door while off road. Lex I have not touched but would like to try a set and should soon. The best mounted ones I have seen so far are NFAB but require removing headliner. It is easy to do and comparing the two I would prefer to remove the headliner and do that mount.... Nobody really address getting the wire from the light to a power source. Also you will hear some harmonic hum from the 50 inch light at above about 60 MPH..

Interesting.

Yes you have to drill but ours do not require you to drill into the cab at all only in the door sill behind the weather stripping. So if you sell the truck and remove the light bar there are no holes in the cab of the truck. Also being where ours mount the vibration is a lot less then the cab mounted brackets.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting.

Yes you have to drill but ours do not require you to drill into the cab at all only in the door sill behind the weather stripping. So if you sell the truck and remove the light bar there are no holes in the cab of the truck. Also being where ours mount the vibration is a lot less then the cab mounted brackets.

having them installed and used them... I would disagree, not that yours are the worst, but in my opinion. Yours could use some adjusting, directions would be nice, how to install, and the actual parts you need to install them would be nice. Yours drill a hole along the cab also and rub the paint on the door, maybe how I installed lacking directions. Some kind of lock for the end would also help protect them from theft. A template that shows exactly where to mount it and drill holes would help also. I can not say Lex are better have not yet tried them but looking to. I like the NFAB mount better and seems sturdier. As for the holes in the NFAB ones I could place a bolt with a rubber washer and fill it if I were to remove it.. (I know simple fix). But so far the right fix requires a body shop and paint to fix any holes the right way..

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A local Chicago guy had the ADD mounts as well. Neither of us were impressed and they were removed soon thereafter. I have the SoCal mounts that a GLRE member uses and will be installing an KC bar soon. They do require drilling, but I'm not getting rid of this truck, so that's fine with me.

And no, no instructions from ADD. The small pop rivets didn't seem like the strongest option for a truck that will see more than the mall parking lot.

ADDGrant

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
having them installed and used them... I would disagree, not that yours are the worst, but in my opinion. Yours could use some adjusting, directions would be nice, how to install, and the actual parts you need to install them would be nice. Yours drill a hole along the cab also and rub the paint on the door, maybe how I installed lacking directions. Some kind of lock for the end would also help protect them from theft. A template that shows exactly where to mount it and drill holes would help also. I can not say Lex are better have not yet tried them but looking to. I like the NFAB mount better and seems sturdier. As for the holes in the NFAB ones I could place a bolt with a rubber washer and fill it if I were to remove it.. (I know simple fix). But so far the right fix requires a body shop and paint to fix any holes the right way..

Directions and installation instructions are up on the website:
How to: ADD Offroad Technical/Installation Instructions
:smile:

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a huge ADD fan, but I have no experience with their mounts. I have the Rigid Roof Mounts and they are amazing! I could tightrope across my 50" and these things wouldn't bend at all.

The nfab are almost identical, but they have their logo laser cut in the mounts. I prefer Rigid's circles. I've heard the Rigid mounts also follow the curve of the roof better than the nfabs.

The roof mount install is a bitch!! Took me 6 hrs by myself. The headliner is the biggest contributor to install difficulty.

6847-img-0723.jpg