What's the difference in curved and straight led bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only bar I researched is the brand "R" for the roof, the biggest difference besides the fact you can get it in 54 inch, wider spread and good looks, (if you care about such things, which we are not supposed to when it comes to lights according to some,) is the Lumens. 50 inch roofmount strait 23000 Lumens, 54 inch roofmount RDS 40500 lumens.

Hmm so 4 more inches is nearly double the output? dont you mean 30500?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm so 4 more inches is nearly double the output? dont you mean 30500?

No, according to the website they are 40500 Lumens for the RDS. Look it up for yourself.
Its not just the extra 4 inches, they are using the new hypersport LED's and optics. They also have a patent on there RDS, so despite everyone copying it they won't get the same performance.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, according to the website they are 40500 Lumens for the RDS. Look it up for yourself.
Its not just the extra 4 inches, they are using the new hypersport LED's and optics. They also have a patent on there RDS, so despite everyone copying it they won't get the same performance.

Ya, I tried to look for a brand R light and found nothing so I went to Baja lights, they sell a 51 curved at 31k lumens. Do you have a link? Thanks

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya and 405 Watts, Hybrid hyperspot LED's and new optics.
The other thing is the 54 fills in the roofline nicely, seen some pics of the 50 inch radius on the roof and it looks too short after seeing the 54.

Last edited:
OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that's a nice light bar. But rigid are so expensive that's he only thing that sucks

Sent from my iPhone

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

has anyone else in this thread had any good experience with other brands?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that's a nice light bar. But rigid are so expensive that's he only thing that sucks

Sent from my iPhone

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

has anyone else in this thread had any good experience with other brands?

Ive only looked at vision x and bajas. That rigid light draws 29.35 amps, I wouldnt run that on any of the 30 amp upfitter switches so id have to run all new wire.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also a note from other threads about this, besides the fact that curved have a wider beam than a straight, the curved matches the curve from the windshield or close to it.