Turn Signal Hyper Flash Solutions: Re-Programming BCM vs. Resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Memo

Reaction score
Bring this thread back to life.

Does anyone know if this reprogramming can be performed by a SCT X4?

Anymore feedback from other users?

tinman44

Reaction score
I had this issue with just my passenger side after installing anzo led tail lights. I took them back assuming it was their wiring because I only had it on the passenger side. Interested in finding a way around this, miss my tail lights already.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Following this as well. My deezee ez down came off and bounced around in between the tailgate and bedside and broke the drivers side taillight so I replaced with Spyder taillights. I mounted the resistors and it didn't hyperflash until about 2 days after the install. Really getting tired of the hyperflash...

akmedic77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have had no issues after doing the reprogram on the back. I had my DRLs deactivated a while back but have not tried to see if that fixed a hyperflash issue for the front as I'm still running the halogen bulbs.

akmedic77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well folks, I did finally have an opportunity to try LEDs on the front. It still created a hyper flash even after the reprogram. I am curious if it does the same on the Super Duties (which is what the reprogram is originally set for - for upfitters). I used both the regular LED bulbs and CanBus bulbs.

Looks like I'll be ordering from VLEDs, as I won't be cutting into my wiring harness.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring this thread back to life.

Does anyone know if this reprogramming can be performed by a SCT X4?

Anymore feedback from other users?

No, BCM reprogramming can not be performed by a SCT X4. Shit, I wish it were that simple. Reprogramming has to be done by either the dealer or someone with an Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) tool specifically for accessing the BCM. I've read that the IDS costs around 2K to purchase.

I had a hyperflash issue with my retrofit headlights shortly after installing them. At first the front turn signals wouldn't blink and would cause a hyperflash on the dash. Eventually front and rear turn signals stopped working and the hyperflash remained on the dash. Extremely annoying! Luckily a friend of mine has an IDS tool. He hooked it up to the OBD port, opened the program, and saw that the BCM was indicating a short in the front turn signals. He cleared the indication and turn signals worked normally again. While he was hooked up he turned the hyperflash option off in the BCM. Everything has worked perfectly since.

Hope this help.

-Rob

Last edited: