Turn Signal Hyper Flash Solutions: Re-Programming BCM vs. Resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious on this Reprogram.
I've switched out All My Fronts and Rears to LED.
I got used to the Hyperflash and didn't like the idea of adding resistors.....

Anything BAD happen with this Reprogram?

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any updates (hopefully success stories) to share?

I tried to search this.....
Found no results next to none.
I don't think too many people have tried this......
Still waiting....on anyone to chime in on the possible success

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this update a quick thing for Ford to do? My front turn signals don't flash at all and I get a hyper-flash on the dash and from the mirror signals and taillights. I have Spec-D taillights with the gold boxes, retro-fit headlights with switchback leds wired internally to the turn signal bulbs. Initially the right front turn signal stopped flashing. Then a day later the left stopped flashing. I've done some troublshooting and found the headlights and the taillights not to be the cause. All fuses check good too.
Any idea? After reading some of these threads about the BCM needing reprogrammed that is sounding like what I need to have done.

-Rob

akmedic77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing bad will happen from this reprogam. It is simply a setting in the module that can be changed with the IDS tool from the dealer.

I'm really curious on this Reprogram.

I've switched out All My Fronts and Rears to LED.

I got used to the Hyperflash and didn't like the idea of adding resistors.....

Anything BAD happen with this Reprogram?

Anybody have any updates (hopefully success stories) to share?

Ya any updates on this anyone anyone?

Is this update a quick thing for Ford to do? My front turn signals don't flash at all and I get a hyper-flash on the dash and from the mirror signals and taillights. I have Spec-D taillights with the gold boxes, retro-fit headlights with switchback leds wired internally to the turn signal bulbs. Initially the right front turn signal stopped flashing. Then a day later the left stopped flashing. I've done some troublshooting and found the headlights and the taillights not to be the cause. All fuses check good too.
Any idea? After reading some of these threads about the BCM needing reprogrammed that is sounding like what I need to have done.

-Rob

I finally picked up some LEDs and installed them. With the reprogram, I have no hyper flash or error message.

However, the way my third brake light is wired, I now have it flashing with the turn signals and not just the brakes and hazards. I plan on trying CanBus style lights soon.

No LEDs in the front yet. They still hyper flash.

I think I'll bite the billet and buy VLEDs for the front...

Last edited:

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally picked up some LEDs and installed them. With the reprogram, I have no hyper flash or error message.

However, the way my third brake light is wired, I now have it flashing with the turn signals and not just the brakes and hazards. I plan on trying CanBus style lights soon.

No LEDs in the front yet. They still hyper flash.

I think I'll bite the billet and buy VLEDs for the front...
Please keep us updated on the hyperflash and the bcm