super bright LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
What are you looking for? Are you looking for light performance or are you mounting lights for aesthetics?

If you are looking for performance, you are not going to get it at this price point.

OP
OP
V

venomsnake21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? Are you looking for light performance or are you mounting lights for aesthetics?

If you are looking for performance, you are not going to get it at this price point.

Honestly I just wanted the 40" light bar to mount inside my grill. So i'm thinking aesthetic.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're in the market for a light that won't break the bank, we've got a couple options for you. Our Elite Series 40" light has outstanding output (22,400 lumens) and build quality (IP69K) without breaking the bank. You can check it out here: 40" Elite Double Row LED Bar | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

If you're looking for an even more affordable option, our 40" Deluxe Series light may fit the bill. You can check that one out here: 40" Deluxe Double Row LED Bar | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

If you'd like some more information or a full quote with brackets and shipping, feel free to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

venomsnake21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're in the market that won't break the bank, we've got a couple options for you. Our Elite Series 40" light has outstanding output (22,400 lumens) and build quality (IP69K) without breaking the bank. You can check it out here: 40" Elite Double Row LED Bar | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

If you're looking for an even more affordable option, our 40" Deluxe Series light may fit the bill. You can check that one out here: 40" Deluxe Double Row LED Bar | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

If you'd like some more information or a full quote with brackets and shipping, feel free to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help!

Thank you :)

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 40" double row spot beam, and it has worked PERFECTLY for 3 years now. No friggen way its legal, but i only use it on dark streets with NO traffic and in the boonies all the time. I just keep my finger on the trigger cause it will seriously blind oncoming traffic...now, having said that, if some dooshnozzle approaches me with high beams lit and i give em a flash of my stock brights and no response, I just flash em a couple of times with the blow-torch and they seem to respond quite quickly. Mine has CREE LED's and it is 21,000 lumens....STUUUPID BRIGHT. Even with spot beam it bores a huge hole in the dark for 1/4 mile or more, no shit. I'm sure the Rigid is a lot higher quality and if I was running Baja that's what I'd have, but it aint and I aint. Mine was around $400 and knowing what I know now, it was well worth the money, even it it was made in China. IJS. I still giggle like a schoolgirl when I flick it on. Next one is going on the boat.

Sky1z3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several products from superbrightleds. They may not perform as well as some of the higher priced options, but they are still ridiculous bright. Im all for supporting the vendors on forums, but if you are looking to spend way less money you wont go wrong at SBLEDS. I would have more money in one set of rigid duallys then I do in all my lights and performance is not far off.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I would have more money in one set of rigid duallys then I do in all my lights and performance is not far off.
I have test results that disagree with your statement. If you stand right in front of the truck, of course they will look "bright". But get out to 50 yards and it is a different story. For example, take a look at the results from the test in this link:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2015-a-42166/
The 40" Venomous is very likely of similar quality to the SuperBrights and other lightbars in this price range. At 50 yards, a 40" Rigid is 6 times brighter. The 30" KC Flex is brighter still. I see this posted over and over in regards to the cheap lightbars. They are not just as good, they are not even in the same ball park in terms of performance. Anyone who is buying a lightbar in this price range is buying for aesthetics (looks cool), which is completely fine, but just be aware that the performance isn't even close.

Quality costs.

[/Rant]

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have test results that disagree with your statement. If you stand right in front of the truck, of course they will look "bright". But get out to 50 yards and it is a different story. For example, take a look at the results from the test in this link:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2015-a-42166/
The 40" Venomous is very likely of similar quality to the SuperBrights and other lightbars in this price range. At 50 yards, a 40" Rigid is 6 times brighter. The 30" KC Flex is brighter still. I see this posted over and over in regards to the cheap lightbars. They are not just as good, they are not even in the same ball park in terms of performance. Anyone who is buying a lightbar in this price range is buying for aesthetics (looks cool), which is completely fine, but just be aware that the performance isn't even close.

Quality costs.

[/Rant]

Thank you for posting that thread again, @KaiserM715. And folks, keep in mind that the output in that thread for our 30" light bar was from a light mounted behind the factory grille.

Here is a link to our results from TRR 2014: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2014-a-33574/