Running Parking lights during day Fix per Nosbusa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, but what the difference between flipping the light switch to turn on your parking/auxilary lights and flipping Upfitter Aux 3 switch to them on?

I do think it's cool, but I'm sure I can find better use for my Aux 3 Switch...

Well if they are wired to the uplifter switch you can leave that switch on and it will turn off when the truck is off. The light switch will leave them on when the truck is on.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's about choice. I wired my two xtra air horns to an up fitter switch not to make then honk, but to "enable" them. They honk when I honk the OEM horn. I may be in the mood to use the mod, or not. It's great to have a choice. Kudos to the OP for sharing.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the mod tonight, I learned before hand that if you just do the yellow wire with blue tracer in the grey 10 pin connector you are only going to have the front parking lights on. I wanted the back on as well, so I did some googling and found out that the rears are in the black 32 pin connector with the clip on it the wire is yellow with green tracer. I used 2 pieces of wire, used the side by side connectors (don't know what they are called) tied into each of the parking light wires and then into one wire going into the AUX 4 wire which is brown. Took me about 30 minutes and bam I was done. One note, if you pull that black 32 pin connector out and you will need to your inside lights will flash until you hook it back up so don't be alarmed when it happens.

I finally got around to doing this mod yesterday. I connected my brown AUX 4 wire to the yellow w/ blue wire on pin 6 from the BCM connector. This alone makes AUX 4 control both my front and rear lights when the key is on regardless of headlight switch position. It essentially turns on all the lights that would normally be on when the headlight switch was in the parking light position, but it does not dim the interior lights or gauges.

My truck is a 2014 and I'm not sure why you needed to tap into another source for the rear lights.

FYI

The 10-pin connector is C2280E and the yellow w/ blue wire is on pin 6. It's associated with BCM fuse #30 which controls side marker lamps, high mounted stop lamp, park/stop/turn lamps, and front marker lamps.

The 32-pin connector is C2280D and the yellow w/ green wire is on pin 18. It's associated with BCM fuse #40 which controls trailer tow relay, parking lamps, license plate lamps, park/stop/turn lamps, and marker lamps.

shthpnz

Reaction score
I love this mod, was waiting for it for years. So today I crawled towards the BCM of my 2010 Raptor and guess what? I can't find a grey 10 pin connector! There are grey connectors, but they contain more pins. And the connector with the least pins has an empty #6 slot and no yellow with blue tracer. See the photo below.

Who helps me out?

Attachments

• BCM.jpg
    BCM.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 76

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '10 must be different from my '13...here's a shot of mine...
null_zps9b807656.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this mod, was waiting for it for years. So today I crawled towards the BCM of my 2010 Raptor and guess what? I can't find a grey 10 pin connector! There are grey connectors, but they contain more pins. And the connector with the least pins has an empty #6 slot and no yellow with blue tracer. See the photo below.

Who helps me out?
on the 2010 year, the parking light wire is purple/white. in the pic you posted, it should be in the bigger grey plug