Rigid vs. Baja Designs... Radius Light Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal... I want a brow mounted light bar, its gotta be curved, and mount below the roof line (parking garages). In my pondering, I've only come across two options, the Rigid 54" RDS and the Baja Designs 50" OnX6 Arc Racer.

I have experience with a 30" RDS and thought it was a excellent light.... but no experience with Baja Designs. Has anyone seen these things side by side? I've heard of the RDS producing some noise from the cooling fins at speed... looks like the OnX might not have that problem since it has a vertical fin cut. Any opinions on either option?

Funny thing is if I end up with the OnX..... then my truck will just be a total bastard child! Vision-X in the bumper..... Rigid in the grill.... BD on the roof.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a major BD fan, they also have a 60" option for only $200 more. They also allow for numerous lenses to be swapped so you can Chang or setup your light as you wish.

They have an option that you can control portions of the light with different switches say part flood only, spot, amber etc.

The lighting color is much much better. The cooler heat color allows you to see better and more clearly. The customer service and warranty is second to none.

When it's in the budget I will absolutely be buying more BD lights, my two squadrons are brighter than my 20" !

To me this is a no brainier but I've never seen a rigid rds.

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the one up for the rigid is they have brackets specific for the Raptor. I dont know if BD makes a similar bracket for the raptor though... or if theres a manufacture that makes a similar bracket for the BD light.

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say I've seen any pictures of a baja designs roof mounted light bar. I was thinking about trying it when I change bumpers

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing the BD this week. From what I can tell, nothing can compete with the BD light.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our OnX6 Arc, Racer Edition 50" LED Light Bar will be a great option for you!
The OnX6 is the furthest projecting LED Light Bar on the market, Throw in racer edition circuit boards + LED's and you get ~30% more distance!

OnX6, Arc Racer Edition 50" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar

425003.jpg

OnX6 Arc, Racer Edition 50"
42-5003
MSRP: $2,099.95
FRF: $1,889.95

Just a few reasons why customers choose US!

We are The Scientists of Lighting!
Baja Designs uService® - Replaceable Lenses for LED Light Bars & LED Lights

uService Technology-
Our lights offer replaceable Lenses and Optics.
Crack a lens, decide you want to change pattern, it's not problem!
We here at BD allow you to change beam pattern or lens color in a matter of minutes!
Other LED lights are silicone sealed so their patterns are not customizable and a rock chip requires you to return the light to the manufacturer for service or purchase a completely new light.

MoistureBlock-
O-ring seals and proprietary cord technology make BD lights completely waterproof, rain proof, dustproof, submersible and washable.
In addition the patented MoistureBlock™ on BD’s cords is an innovative new technology that completely stops water from wicking its way up the cord and into the light.
Even if you cut the connector off, your light is still waterproof and you won‘t void your warranty.

CopperDrive-
BD’s CopperDrive LED management system uses next gen circuit board and driver technology to safely run high powered LEDs at 100% power.
Our circuit boards use copper instead of aluminum to help transfer heat more efficiently from the LED to the thermal gap pad.
The thermal gap pad plays an important role in aiding heat transfer to the heat sink, which keeps the LEDs cool and also provides for vibration damping.

If you have any questions, Please let us know!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The BD is a GREAT light, but I think you'll have to have custom roof mounts made if you're going to do a 59" that we have custom ordered a few times

I have a Rigid 54" RDS and I really do like it