Rear Facing / Chase Lighting - Color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For the rear chase lighting, we always recommend amber.

Another option would be the new Baja Designs RTL bar that acts as a chase light and auxiliary brake lighting.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

F'n classic! That's great. Love the commentary. Guess that's why some truck run tire racks that hang off the rear - bumpers! You can even see his chase light mounted up high to the left.

In motorcycle road racing we have a blue flag with a yellow diagonal line that alerts you to faster traffic approaching from the rear. You can't really bump much on road bikes ;-)

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After Raptoberfest my light pods have seen better days. I'm going to convert the two that survived to rear mounted lights on a strobe relay. Two questions, what color have people used? I was thinking one green, one blue. Also, if you've mounted pods rear facing, any way to do this without drilling (and no chase rack)?

For the rear chase lighting, we always recommend amber.

Another option would be the new Baja Designs RTL bar that acts as a chase light and auxiliary brake lighting.

We agree with Nick. Amber is always ideal for "Chase" or "Dust Lights". Like mentioned above the new RTL is a great option for you!
It will increase safety on the trails by adding Amber, additional Tail and Brake, and even a Reverse/Work Light! Rumor has it, TexasMotorWorx is working on a "Keep the tailgate" Mount that would require little to no modifications.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Rear-Facing-LED-Light-Bars.asp

RTL%20Slider.jpg
*RTL-B option available. It features one flashing amber and a Blue Chase Light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbejST1a2O4

If you are looking to add only 1 or 2 Auxiliary Lights we do have a few other options as well! A very common setup is our S2 and Squadron Series in Amber.
Starting at just over $100 you can easily add an Amber Chase/Dust Light that also doubles as a work light. You can even use them as an anti-tailgater light but we don't always recommend that :ROFLJest:

Please let us know if you have any questions! Happy to help!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Baja Designs - Bailey,

That's a pretty slick solution you guys have there, love the packaging and the options. If I ever install a chase rack this would be my light for sure.

I had a question on the switch style/mode control for this light. I couldn't find any info on your web site. Does it use a unique switch/relay for each section (amber, white, etc.) or is there a single multi-function switch/keypad included?

TIA

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Baja Designs - Bailey,

That's a pretty slick solution you guys have there, love the packaging and the options. If I ever install a chase rack this would be my light for sure.

I had a question on the switch style/mode control for this light. I couldn't find any info on your web site. Does it use a unique switch/relay for each section (amber, white, etc.) or is there a single multi-function switch/keypad included?

TIA

Thanks!

These models do not come with any wiring harness or connectors. You can hook these up in a few different ways so we left the wires bare for the consumer to decide how they want it hooked up.

RTL-B Wiring:
Black - Ground
Red - Running Amber/Red/Flashing Amber
Yellow - Brake Lights
Blue - Blue Light

RTL Wiring:
Black - Ground
Red - Running Amber/Red
Yellow - Brake Lights
Blue - White Light

Please note the following:
- The RTL/RTL-B is able to run at 9-36 Volts.
- Red, Yellow, and Blue function on Positive Current.
-Yellow(brake) will only function is Red(running) is receiving power

www.bajadesigns.com

COMING SOON *** RTL-S *** ETA: Early 2017
We are currently working on another model of the RTL Line, The RTL-S. This will be designed with indicator lights. This is currently in the prototype stages with a rough price of $474.95.
Don't miss out on a great option if you're looking for turn signals in addition to your tail/brake, work/reverse, and Dust/Safety Lights

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs