Question for '10-'13 and '13 and up owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I currently have made up my mind to get rid of the horrible halogen headlights on my 2010. I can no longer bare the hid set ups, the one headlight on one off sarrows and the blotchy get flashed by oncoming cars any longer! It's my time to stand up to crappy headlights and join the ranks of oem hids! :fuckyea:

Now... With that being said I'm going through Dawson for my oem FX4 black housing 2013 oem hids... I plan on getting the LED bars and the evil eyes since he has to crack em open to paint the reflectors anyways... My question is for those of you who have owned both types of headlights was it a HUGE difference? Or was it just a good improvement? Dawson also has an upgrade 55 kit he can add but if these are great with the oem then I'll save myself some cash and just go with the oem setup versus spending more money on retrofitting... Thanks!

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've driven many 09-12 F150s with the poverty halogens and they don't come close to comparing with the light output on the HID set up for the '13+ 801A package trucks.

The retrofits will give you better cutoff lines than the OEMs. Coming from BMW's and even my S2000, the cutoff on the OEM HIDs aren't really that great.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Hmm thanks for the info, I'm thinking for now I'm going to stick with the oem hids and later if need be send em back in for an upgrade and live with the crap halogens for a few weeks... Right now I would love to get the whole setup but I'm pretty much maxed out budget wise for the build I have set up with Dawson...

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Thanks raptoe, I figured it makes much more sense/cents to upgrade my headlights since they'll get used 10x more than a light bar for me...an d I can upgrade to aux lights later on

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Mac did you get any extras done like LED rings or the lines? im just curious as to how they look off? i know a lot of people have them but all the pictures are when theyre turned on...