No cut hood mount purchase help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for any tips or tricks for installing these by yourself. I have read several posts on this install and it seems like the broomstick and unhooking the pistons work best. Thanks in advance for the help!

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for any tips or tricks for installing these by yourself. I have read several posts on this install and it seems like the broomstick and unhooking the pistons work best. Thanks in advance for the help!

My biggest tip is wait until someone can help you. Wife, girlfriend, neighbor's kid. Doesn't need to be anyone strong or smart. Just someone to hold the hood at the right angle while you work the bolts.

Plenty of people have done it solo though, so it can be done, but I have no useful tips.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed the SDHQ mounts and was somewhat of a bitch like others have reported, especially the back bolt. But otherwise it went fine. Now my hood seems to sit back where it meets the headlights about an 1/8 of inch. The sides of the hood are straight and there is no rubbing. I've already loosened the bolts of the hinges and tried pulling the hood forward so it's flush where the headlights meet but it won't move any further forward. Anyone have a clue?

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the SDHQ mounts and was somewhat of a bitch like others have reported, especially the back bolt. But otherwise it went fine. Now my hood seems to sit back where it meets the headlights about an 1/8 of inch. The sides of the hood are straight and there is no rubbing. I've already loosened the bolts of the hinges and tried pulling the hood forward so it's flush where the headlights meet but it won't move any further forward. Anyone have a clue?

Just to rule it out you didn't put the mounts under the hinge right? Are they in the same spot as you had before they went on meaning front or rear alignment?