My Headlight Retrofit Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being I have a 2011, the first thing on my list to change was the headlights. I swapped in some silverstars from a leftover HID conversion and was still very disappointed with the light output. I then began looking for some O.E. Ford replacements but ended up wanting a more custom look so I started to put together ideas.

First, I sought out to find a decent set of aftermarket headlights. (Shown below)

51n3cQh8DzL._SY355__zpswuhfzvzm.jpg

Next was ordering all the retrofit parts needed for the build. So off to TRS for a bit of shopping.

EGwPonTX-igUKf4uZMbLkfHlvhZWqZS8sSxTTJ_zpsysmw1ihl.jpg

I ran the headlights for a few weeks and had no issues in that time period. Here are a few pics of what they look like on the truck and with the DRL's on.

20150710_181229_zps47x4ls8h.jpg

20150710_180907_zpse6pmsuka.jpg

DRL's ON

20150705_184905_zpsbrz6crwa.jpg

DRL's OFF

20150705_184914_zps1rfgvry3.jpg

Once I received all the parts, it was time to put the O.E. lights back on and start opening the new headlights.

20150710_205654_zps3eptlq4a.jpg

Testing the LED strips and seeing if they look right where they are installed. I would have liked it if the strips were just a tad longer but I think they will do.

FB_IMG_1436584131555_zpsff0shfcs.jpg

FB_IMG_1436584260049_zpsjibf35ku.jpg

FB_IMG_1436584936381_zps8q2vm4iv.jpg

I started the projector install as well but that came to a halt when I found out the bracket I got for the Spyder headlight retrofit will not work for these lights. So I will have to make a bracket myself to install the projector.

That is pretty much as far as I have gotten for now and will update with more later as the project progresses.

What's the name of the drls on that website? I tried to find them but no luck

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you M3tosvt! Mind me asking, how many inches did you buy? Any other set up as far as the halo and led strips?

24" for the DRL bar. 2 sets of 3" for the sides and 80mm for the halo. Not sure want you mean as far as "any other setup goes".

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24" for the DRL bar. 2 sets of 3" for the sides and 80mm for the halo. Not sure want you mean as far as "any other setup goes".

That's what I meant by any other set up. Man I appreciate it brotha. Those c clamps still holding up good? I was looking at purchading them today but they don't look like they bend the way you did it on the headlight.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

That's what I meant by any other set up. Man I appreciate it brotha. Those c clamps still holding up good? I was looking at purchading them today but they don't look like they bend the way you did it on the headlight.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I bought the 24" XSB Switchbacks and used them in the DRL bar. The c-clamp LED's are no longer produced unfortunately. The XSB lights are quite flexible though. See my other build below.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/my-headlights-retrofit-build-round-2-a-47105/

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Dang, it was only a couple weeks ago I saw the C-clamps under the closeouts on TRS. I also saw the LED strips for the tails on there too.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, it was only a couple weeks ago I saw the C-clamps under the closeouts on TRS. I also saw the LED strips for the tails on there too.

Wish I would have known they were not making them anymore. Would have bought a couple on closeout.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

If any one is interested, I am now selling these headlights as they have just been collecting dust in the garage. PM me if interested. I will be making a F.S. thread soon.