GEN 1 Morimoto H1 Mini Projector and Panamera Shrouds Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after few months on the research on thi project finally was completed this sunday after 7 hours job. The outcome was oustanding and the light output was great along with the Panamera switchback shrouds. The Nick from The Retrofit Source kept me on the right route when I called them for advice. Yesterday the vehicle was driven at night and the light output was great. I hope you like it and feel free to ask any question.

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 71

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What kinda lights you running in there?

I have a set of Minis i'm going to be using to test our various HID/LED products. I also have a set of Anzos (for my 2015) on my truck and a NEW set of Anzos that I'm looking to have retrofit with some projectors. I plan to run LED though, even though I realize HID gives you more light, I don't want all the wiring/warmup/ballast issues.

But it's on my list to do. Just gotta find some projectors that have the shroud for the lows and open for the highs (2015+ truck has quad headlights)

OP
OP
T

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
What kinda lights you running in there?

I have a set of Minis i'm going to be using to test our various HID/LED products. I also have a set of Anzos (for my 2015) on my truck and a NEW set of Anzos that I'm looking to have retrofit with some projectors. I plan to run LED though, even though I realize HID gives you more light, I don't want all the wiring/warmup/ballast issues.

But it's on my list to do. Just gotta find some projectors that have the shroud for the lows and open for the highs (2015+ truck has quad headlights)

I went with H1 6.5k. My brother went with D2S with Miniprojector but you have to modify the OEM headlight housing in order to fit the D2S socket with H1 is a piece of cake. No mod requires, it just fit perfect on the OEM hole. The output of D2S and H1, to be honest you cannot tell the difference between them. That is why I with H1 and it took less time to accomplish the retrofit. With LED's, I did not try. I am happy with the outcome and the Panamera Shrouds with the switchback option is awesome. But on the Shrouds, the retrofit Source have a bunch of them.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have Morimoto H1 and H7 6500K bulbs in my shop. I prefer those styles as you don't need to mod the projector, as you learned.

HID will give you more light for sure.

OP
OP
T

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7hrs is pretty good.. my first retro took about 2 months.

With this one I have done 4 already. My first project was my Pickup 2003 S10 (Sold), my second project was my wife Subaru Forester 2005, my third project was my Subaru Legacy GT 2008 and now my Raptor 2013 that came with Halogen H13. I always use the OEM headlights; the quality is A+ and also, I always buy my stuff at the retrofit source. I bring my concerns and they take me where I want to go without any issues. Also, check YouTube, there are a bunch of videos there from different cars and setup as well.