lumens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone try lumens lights on ford raptor for upper and lower grills?

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American Off Road - Led Light Bars
and a few seller have in on ebay just search for lumens light bar they have the option of 20" and 40"

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

20" 120 WATT LED OFF ROAD LIGHTING LIGHT BAR SPOT 40 LED 7,200 LUMENS JEEP 4X4 | eBay
thats 20"

NEW! 7.5" 36 WATT LED OFF ROAD LIGHTING SPOT LIGHT BAR 12 LED 2,160 LUMENS | eBay
smaller

NEW! 40" 240 WATT LED OFF RIGHT LIGHT BAR 80 X 3 WATT LEDS 14,400 LUMENS! | eBay
thats the 40"

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"lumens" is an output rating, i think. like candlepower or horsepower?

Yes. Lumens is a measurement of the total amount of visible light emitted by a light source. Candlepower measures the total amount of light produced at the light source. This is why comparing the two measurements is pretty much pointless.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lumen rating is useless without context. A lumen is defined in terms of distance; it's the metric equivalent of foot candles. How many individual candles worth of light do we see at X distance. (A candle is basically defined to be the amount of light needed to read a paragraph of newspaper print )

The only real way to compare lights is using lux; the measurement of square meter lumens. Think of this as a newspaper unfolded all the way out. You'd be able to read the whole page with 1 lux of light.

So for example, the Light Force 35w HIDs I run... they're rated as being 1 lux @ 800m. The 50w versions are rated as 1 lux @ 1100m.

I wish more companies would state their ratings in the same way, and actually give the distances their lumen ratings were taken at. Unfortunately they will often state lumens as being read about an inch off the bulb. Not very useful, and it totally ignores reflector design. Or they'll measure at where the bulb+reflector yeilds the best lumen rating, but not tell you where that was... it could have been a foot away, or a mile.

Last edited:

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered two of the 80 LED bars for my trucks last night from M and R. Unless I'm off I think they are the same light you linked to just a different reseller. M and R sells them for $600. Since they have a decent warranty and return policy I decided to give them a try. Since we are building two identical Raptors every savings helps with more mods or helping fund another trip for the vetrans charity we have. I manufacture medical equipment including lighting and am familiar with quite a few of the Chinese manufacturers. For the most part they build quality pieces so I'm hopeful these will be good lights. I considered building our own units but for this price I will take a chance on a production unit.

M and R is a vendor on here and seems like a nice guy.

Regards,

Tom

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks rhino for the kind words. I try my best to provide the best customer service that I can. With great reviews I hope more satisfied customers will come out from M&R