LED tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are my choices for brands and does anyone have any examples on their own vehicle. Thanks

Feel free to argue amongst each other of which ones are pieces of shit and which will last longer than my first oil change

Too lazy to use the search feature?
At least make an attempt. Tell us what your are looking for, what you found and the issues your are concerned about....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sinraptor, where did you get your spec d lights? Also online I watched an install video and there were other wires running into the lights that are not factory but they did not explain anything about that. Could you comment on what those are and what goes into the install.
Also for anyone, it says that they are for f150 up to 2012. But I'm 99% positive that the 2013 are the same. Is there any difference that the lights would not work?

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I had/have Spyders, they're sitting in storage right now in their box with the stock lights (with 50% headlightarmor) on the truck. Never could get them to not hyperflash, I literally tried EVERYTHING. all size load resistors on signal wires, on running wires, on both wires, with and without front LED bulbs, etc. I gave up, while I love the look I wish I never would have bought them. Too much of a headache.

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had/have Spyders, they're sitting in storage right now in their box with the stock lights (with 50% headlightarmor) on the truck. Never could get them to not hyperflash, I literally tried EVERYTHING. all size load resistors on signal wires, on running wires, on both wires, with and without front LED bulbs, etc. I gave up, while I love the look I wish I never would have bought them. Too much of a headache.

Mine don't hyper, I have full led interior, retrofit headlights and license plate led's.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sinraptor, where did you get your spec d lights? Also online I watched an install video and there were other wires running into the lights that are not factory but they did not explain anything about that. Could you comment on what those are and what goes into the install.
Also for anyone, it says that they are for f150 up to 2012. But I'm 99% positive that the 2013 are the same. Is there any difference that the lights would not work?

I just watched that video on YouTube this morning and they state in the comments those go to the resistors which prevent hyper flash. They tuck in behind the tail light and are not spliced into any truck wiring supposedly.

ZakGSXR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the Spyder taillights online through Costco of all places... You also get a year warranty if you buy through them. I put them on a few days ago and they look great.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I just watched that video on YouTube this morning and they state in the comments those go to the resistors which prevent hyper flash. They tuck in behind the tail light and are not spliced into any truck wiring supposedly.

This is true, but doesn't fix the problem... least not on my truck.