Cool New LED Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... The joke being that Recon (including all of the products he listed) has been discussed at great length in numerous posts with the general consensus being, Stay far, far away from anything Recon. The fact that he posted about them obviously means he hasn't been around enough to have read any of those numerous threads. Join date or total number of posts had nothing to do with my post.

My apologies for the confusion. I figured a guy who joined in October 2011 (with >7000 posts) would have been able to figure that out.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to disagree to a point.

I had the El tape and it went bad. I now have the Recon vent lights and have had no issues. It's much brighter also.

So for the $50 I spent on the El Tape - in my opinion was a definite waste.

As for the other Recon items, I can't speak to their quality.

I'm happy with vent lights.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I will also agree with you, I had nothing but problems with the EL-TAPE, but there are others who have luck with it also, now i'm running LED's, not EL, and if you can perform basic electrical, you can do the mod for 50-60 bucks with LED's. All up to the person, and how far they choose to take it, if your a person that likes to tinker, it's a to do for the price, and satisfaction of doing something vs buying is the best part, no matter how big or small the mod.

Last edited:

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will also agree with you, I had nothing but problems with the EL-TAPE, but there are others who have luck with it also, now i'm running LED's, not EL, and if you can perform basic electrical, you can do the mod for 50-60 bucks with LED's. All up to the person, and how far they choose to take it, if your a person that likes to tinker, it's a to do for the price, and satisfaction of doing something vs buying is the best part, no matter how big or small the mod.

I've seen the stuff people are doing with the submersible LEDs and they look great. There are a number of good posts on how people made this work. The LEDs are cheap and the install doesn't look too difficult.

If I have time, this is the option I would choose.