Cheap cheap light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone wants a 50in pm me. I'm going to get the same bar but in a 40 for behind the grill. A 50in on the roof really lights up the night though. Lol

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy man! My 40" is out for delivery already.

Does the 40" in lower grille need the L bracket? bobbozr2 seemed to make it work.

Everready

Reaction score
My Tuff Stuff 40 just came in and it says 42 on the box and is around 41.5 inches long.

Does that sound right? Or did they send me something different than everyone else is getting?

Everready

Reaction score
cool thanks! The bracket should a be in tomorrow. I put power on and check it out out of LED's are burning. Hopefully I'll have it installed by the weekend

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Rigid Bracket with the Tuff Stuff 40" bar works perfect. You can adjust the height of the bar and put it perfectly below the F O R D lettering behind the grill. 10 minute install not including splicing into under the hood Aux wiring.

Did you use supplied screws and did you add any washers?

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting in on this too. Just got the 40" and went ahead a splurged for the rigid brackets.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy man! My 40" is out for delivery already.

Does the 40" in lower grille need the L bracket? bobbozr2 seemed to make it work.

I didn't need the Rigid bracket for mine (although I didn't even know that bracket existed). I just drilled two small holes and used the included brackets. Either way will work. Coincidentally enough I ordered a set of Rigid brackets but for an entirely different application.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that worked well! I was a bit worried at first cause my brackets were a little different then yours. The angle, and only 1 side has the rigids around the hole to prevent slipping (very minor with lock tight), but I had to flip them, and at first I still couldn't get the angle, then I flipped sides and got it. Everything cleared without any cutting, and even spacing from the cooler and lower to effect blocking.

20140426_173958_zps68c62976.jpg
20140426_174613_zpsee04b2b7.jpg
20140426_173544_zps6b45a650.jpg

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how screwed up animals get from these lights! Was out testing and there was some ducks off to the side that were sleeping and the lights must've scared the shit out of them cause one came flying at the lights and deflectived off the windshield and roof! Luckily no damage.