Black Oak LED Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4juunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Black Oak lights, it looks to be a great deal with a life time warranty. My only question is how bright are they compared to Baja and Rigid lights?

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw those. Not sure on those yet. I did get a free 32" radius bar from Project LM to test against my Rigid. It survived a heavy beating in Baja, just have to set up meter testing next. Too hard to see any difference driving at speed, looked comparable.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw those. Not sure on those yet. I did get a free 32" radius bar from Project LM to test against my Rigid. It survived a heavy beating in Baja, just have to set up meter testing next. Too hard to see any difference driving at speed, looked comparable.

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While researching light bars I came across this: Best LED Light Bar Reviews & Ratings For 2016
Not sure of the guys credentials but he makes a few valid arguments to me.

I have compared every light bar I could find, and I have decided to order a 40" bar for a bed rack from them. I think on paper they seem on par as far as warranty, guaranty, IP rating....and without a four figure price tag.

I plan to order in a day or two and whenever it arrives I will test it out and let you know.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sir are correct. I couldn't find anything on their website or anyone else having tested one. So I called them.

The only lux associated reading they had was a beam distance of 1,880 meters. Which is still better than, and competitive to what other more expensive popular brands have listed.

I also found out that they offer a military discount at all times. To include on top of their already listed sale prices. I am biased on this subject but for me that is important and a sign of a reputable company. I like a place that appreciates their warm blanket of freedom and recognizes that it is an every day occurrence and not just on major holidays.

As well customer service was great. Easy going and more than happy to answer my questions and BS a little bit.

That all being said I still plan on pulling the trigger on one of these. The turn around time I was told will be about a week from now. So once I get it in hand and installed I will follow up.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update? Please post a review and some pics. I have a rigid light bar and it is really good though a bit pricey. I'm still curious about the brightness of Black Oak.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience these led lights are the same as any high quality Chinese made light you can buy online. The difference is "Black Oak" will warrenty these lights for a premium that you will pay upfront when you buy them. The same thing happens with aftermarket headlights and tailights.
It's a great marketing strategy but don't think you're getting a better quality unit, but rather buying peace of mind.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the light bar now. I am just waiting on my rack to put it on. There were some delays with it but hopefully I should have it soon. Once I do I will take some pictures and give you my thoughts.

I thus far have nothing but positive things to say about the customer service, timeliness, and perceived quality.