Amber LED bar light pattern preference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amber LED light bar - what light pattern? What's my use? Fog, snow, dust, but perhaps other benefits I'm not aware of that others have used amber for. I know my ideal pattern would be a fog pattern (flat wide short throw arc). But these specific patterned fog LED bars are pricey (BajaDesigns, etc.). So, what other patterns are useful in amber? Spot? Flood? Combo? The spot pattern would have the benefit of being aimed down to mimic a fog throw, without the width though, and perhaps too much hot-spotting. Another part of the puzzle I suppose is what do I currently have? I've got a Rigid 20" flood/spot combo down low and a set of four 8" HID driving pattern (almost spot) lights in front of my grill. Thanks for any insight y'all can provide regarding amber LED bars and appropriate or useful beam patterns.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We do have a Wide Driving Beam for our OnX6. This is available in amber!
452014.jpg

Baja Designs was the first to develop a pattern specifically for cornering, dust and/or fog conditions. The Wide Driving pattern offers a 42° flattened horizontal beam for the ultimate in comfort lighting.

It is very hard to avoid a hotspot in Spot patterns during low visibility conditions.
For forward projection, we do not recommend our Flood. It is primarily used for scene/work lighting. A Driving/Combo is also an option if you're looking for the perfect blend for near field and distance applications.

OP
OP
boarder1995

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is very hard to avoid a hotspot in Spot patterns during low visibility conditions.

Hotspotting - That's my main concern going thru dust, snow, rain, etc. I'd hate to purchase something not appropriate and suffer the lack of performance when I need it. Ok, so now to decide if I want 20" or 30". Might remove the white Rigid 20" flood/spot combo inside the Rogue bumper and replace it with the 20" BajaDesigns. It'd be better protected from impacts and theft inside vs. up top of the bumper.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our lights feature U-Service technology allowing you to replace lenses and optics on your own in a matter of minutes.
This allows you to fine tune your light setup!! Some companies leave you stuck with the beam you initially bought.
I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs