Can/will tune delete brake overide?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't powerbrake my 2011, can you turn off the brake overide with a tune?

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you talking about traction control when you say "brake override"

No. I'm pretty sure he means since Toyota was getting sued from stupid people who were mistakenly hitting both the brake and fuel pedal at the same time and getting in accidents, the rest of the car manufacturers created a computer override for 2011's to where if both pedals are getting action from the driver its shuts down the fuel. Just another example of how much power stupid people have over us LoL. (Ut oh, am I getting political?)

Last edited:

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
No. I'm pretty sure he means since Toyota was getting sued from stupid people who mistakenly was hitting both the brake and fuel pedal at the same time and getting in accidents, the rest of the car manufacturers created a computer override for 2011's to where if both pedals are getting action from the driver its shuts down the fuel. Just another example of how much power stupid people have over us LoL. (Ut oh, am I getting political?)

Hmmmmm, I don't think so bud......I haven't driven a 2011 hard yet, but I don't think the truck cuts fuel when you're trying to "powerbrake" "brake stand" "burnout" what ever you choose to call it, I believe he is talking about when traction control kicks in and stops it from happening and is looking for an total override instead of having to push the stupid T/C button every time

OP
OP
S

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually yes, I'm talking about holding the brake, pressing the skinny pedal and expecting smoke to start flowing from my spinning tires. When I try thisin my 2011, it drops dead like a little girly truck. T/c off or on still no matter. Guess I need to wait for 5 star to chime in....

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Actually yes, I'm talking about holding the brake, pressing the skinny pedal and expecting smoke to start flowing from my spinning tires. When I try thisin my 2011, it drops dead like a little girly truck. T/c off or on still no matter. Guess I need to wait for 5 star to chime in....

Wow.....if thats case that sucks, I know in my old 5.4 and Bojangles' 6.2 we had/have no problem doing that with T/C turned off, but then again those are 2010 models. I did try to run a test tune one time with T/C turned off totally, while it worked, it still needed some fine tuning as there were three or four lights on the message center, sold the truck before I could really work with the tuner on it.......either way it will be interesting to see what 5 star says

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

Its the same on my truck and I have a tune. I bet you can turn it off in the tune but its not on mine.