Highest recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2 duallys next to the plate. But I have to confess that I like the damn lights so much that if I had to do it again, I would have paid the extra $$ for the kit from Rigid that has more lights on both sides. As it is, I think I'm gonna get the 40" behind the grill for that extra kick...:)

Attachments

• Rigid - Front4.jpg
    Rigid - Front4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is approximately 3/4" on all sides of my current installation. I've not seen the D2s but if they are within 1 1/2" taller/wider, then they may fit like a glove.

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, they do offer a completely done bolt-on kit for the Raptor with a front plate. It's really slick. It's a bit higher priced because it is MUCH brighter than the Duallys. I did not go down that path because I wanted something I could argue as "driving lights". But if the D2s are a bit more expensive, I would consider getting the kit instead...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 2 duallys next to the plate. But I have to confess that I like the damn lights so much that if I had to do it again, I would have paid the extra $$ for the kit from Rigid that has more lights on both sides. As it is, I think I'm gonna get the 40" behind the grill for that extra kick...:)

This is what I want to do but with D2's instead of the regular duallys. I want something a little more for the highway that I can relay to turn on with my high beams.

would the new D2 fit next to the plate? or is it too big?

From what I understand, the D2's and Duallys are the exact same physical size.

Desert LED is selling the D2's for 379.99 a pair. Rigid Industries D2 Lights | Off Road LED Light Bars | Jeep Truck LED Light Bars | Desertled.com

I'm hoping ADD can offer them for a similar price.....

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, they do offer a completely done bolt-on kit for the Raptor with a front plate. It's really slick. It's a bit higher priced because it is MUCH brighter than the Duallys. I did not go down that path because I wanted something I could argue as "driving lights". But if the D2s are a bit more expensive, I would consider getting the kit instead...

By the looks of it, two D2's are brighter then the license plate set up Rigid sells. The plate set up uses two 4" E series that produce 1440 Lumens @ 15.6 watts (each) vs the D2's that produce 2600 Lumens @ 28 watts (each). The plate system also partially blocks the fourth row of LED's on the lights because they don't fit 100%. Seems to me D2's are the better way to go.