What Oil/Filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2013 Raptor and have a question. My oil reset is set at 100% currently.

If I want the oil light indicator to come on when 10% oil life is remaining, do I just simply select the "10%" box in the menu to achieve this?

Thanks

David

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will just trick it into thinking you are currently sitting at 10% oil life left. I could be wrong.... but you will just have to check the oil life here and there to see where you currently sit % wise.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SCHOEBEL

Reaction score
Amsoil SS and Amsoil Filter. Have used Amsoil for years, easy to get here in Wisconsin. Have a buisiness account with them so I get a pretty good deal.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobile 1 5w/20 extended performance full synthetic with Mobile 1 extended performance oil filter. Supposed to be good for 15,000 miles but I'm thinking 5,000 miles will be plenty just for piece of mind sake. Btw just did my first oil change last night and it was crazy easy. Filter was on a little tight but pliers helped. I love not having to jack it up like all my cars in the past. I've had her a week and am in love! 13' terrain screw

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Chris@FreedomMotorsports

I've noticed that Ford has started specifying 5w-30 for the 6.2l Super Duty engines as of the 2016 model year with no major engine changes that I'm aware of. Anyone have any insight into why this change was made and why they don't backspec the 5w-30 for the pre-2016 vehicles with the 6.2l? I wonder if they were seeing premature or higher wear in certain duty cycles with the slightly thinner 5w-20 that was previously recommended for the 6.2l?

I haven't seen anything abnormal in my oil analysis, but I wonder if it's prudent to jump to 5w-30 at some point?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those SD 6.2L are not the 6.2L HO that we have in the Raptors.

Most of those SD 6.2L are Fleet trucks and Vans.
You know that regular maintenance isn't on the top of the list for most companies.