Steering noise whilst light cornering - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right - HELP please

I have a 2012 Raptor on mid perch and 94 k KMs,

I drive the truck mostly on highway and rarely give it a great deal of off road abuse
Wheels are Method NVs with standard sized Mickey Thomsons Baja tires - no other front end upgrades - tires are at 20k km half worn and recently rotated to rear as the fronts were stepped due to hard braking

The Problem
Whilst driving on highway, any light right input to steering creates a groan/grind/rumble which would indicate a front left wheel bearing
any left input from last right input results in ZERO noise - which would also confirm a bearing worn on the Left side

I replaced the left bearing hub today .....No change AT ALL

Where do I start looking now ????

HELP PLEASE RAPTOR CREW

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your alignment? Tires shouldn't "step" from braking. Sounds like you have a wheel off straight and the causing your tire wear and road noise.

OP
OP
EwanS

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tires are all good now, the issue is the immediate rumble when there is a right steering input - I will try tomorrow - any thoughts on Bushes etc ?

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be control arm bushings or something which an alignment will uncover. I understand the tires are good now but if not aligned they could still be chewing when one input is used as the tire is now grinding. Just a thought as your tires should wear evenly if it is driving straight which indicates there is a problem with the front end.

If you drive in a lot of sand there could be a worn out bushing which could throw something off when hitting a bump or turn, also causing the tire wear.

Just my two cents. I'm not a mechanic, I just like to pretend I know my way around a vehicle so take it with a grain of salt.