Solution for oil change with a skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
After buying Trey’s Asfir skid plate, I took advantage of a good idea that he implemented. All German Motorsports ran a Stahlbus oil drain valve on one of their race vehicles.

Here is the basic concept of how it operates:
Ablassen_EN_250.gif

A pic of it in operation:
Oelablassventil-stahl.jpg

The model I installed model SB-210211-V-NA. That model looks like it has been replaced by the SB-210211-S-NA, which can be found here: Change oil - clean and simple.

Trey had already drilled a hole in the skid plate. All I have to do now is remove the cap, insert the drain fitting and tube through the hole in the skid plate and then connect it and drain the oil. All without dropping the skid plate.

IMG_20140914_crop.jpg

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting products. Am I the only one who doesn't drop the skid plate to change the oil? I just reach down from the engine compartment, put the filter wrench on, then reach in from the driver side wheel well and unscrew. (All after placing an ample supply of rags on the skid plate and below the filter.)

How long does it take to drain 7 qts. of oil through that small little hose?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO. When you purchase the Fumoto valve you can pay an extra dollar for a locking pin that makes it impossible for the valve to get hit and move into the open position. Like I said I have used on 2 different cars over 25K each and with no issues.

I like this. And it seems like a better (safer) alternative to the Fumoto valve that could get flipped while off-road.

jason07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the purpose for this??

The drain plug is at the back of the drain pain unobstructed by the skid plate. The oil filter is what is obstructed by the skid plate. I guess I don't see how this will help. Perhaps I am looking at it wrong.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the purpose for this??

The drain plug is at the back of the drain pain unobstructed by the skid plate. The oil filter is what is obstructed by the skid plate. I guess I don't see how this will help. Perhaps I am looking at it wrong.

When you add a transmission skid plate you see the interference.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited: