Power steering pump whining?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems that when the weather gets cold i get a wonderful "rev matched" high pitched squeel that gets a bit worse when i turn the wheels. It seems to go away (maybe not completely, cant tell damn tires/intake) when it gets warm.

I have not felt any pulsing or anything odd with the steering yet. Anyone else had similar issues?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep... At about 16,000 miles mine started this.. Crappy power steering design.. Even with aftermarket power steering reservoir, but it was probably already going before I installed it..

-Greg

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You still getting this noise i take it?

Also how much fluid is in the damn system? Was thinking of swapping it all out for some amsoil if i end up having to replace or add parts.

*sigh*

I just cant win sometimes.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You still getting this noise i take it?

Also how much fluid is in the damn system? Was thinking of swapping it all out for some amsoil if i end up having to replace or add parts.

*sigh*

I just cant win sometimes.
This should be covered under warranty. I had to have my steering rack replaced and all the fluid, just saying.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Mine whines pretty much all the time.

Can't say I know of many Fords that don't have a noisy power steering pump.

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucas powersteering fluid additive has fixed all my Ford powersteering wines on all 5 fords I have owned.

sent from one of those damn cellularized telephones

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder how the amsoil ps fluid will handle it.

Also i hate stealerships so id rather not take my truck into one if i dont have to.

If it continues to get worse i may end up taking it in. Im thinking a fluid flush may be be moved up on the list of TODO's. (along with front/rear diff flush)