Fuel Filter Replacement - any solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated in the Ford manual, the fuel filter is "for the life of the vehicle" and is located in the tank. There is no in line filter.

Another user on here stated that the filter is a mesh sock on the end of the pickup to the fuel pump.

Does anyone have any photos of this?

Has anyone had the dealer replace the non- serviceable filter?

Does anyone know of an aftermarket filter that can be added inline?

Is discussing the addition of a fuel filter even worth it?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding an inline one seems pointless to me if you're keeping the in tank one. You'd be filtering already filtered gas.

D

Deleted member 12951

One would think with a capless fuel inlet, that they would have a fuel filter that would NEED to be changed.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
according to my contact at the local ford dealer, there is no filter that is serviceable. you must replace the pump. the only real filter is the mesh sock at the pickup. I have installed in line filters before. bmw make a nice cylinder fuel filter. but you would have to find a area with a rubber line. or cut the metal line and rubber hose it in. don't think it would be worth it. he says they don't have many late model fuel pump failures. but the earlier cars are not designed for ethanol and they eat up the pumps, due to ethanol creating moisture in the system.