Front diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DERaptor

Reaction score
Has anybody siphoned front diff fluid. Looks like a pain to drop front diff cover. Thanks. 2010 6.2L

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I did it that way. I used a fluid pump with a small hose adaptor so that I could get the hose as deep into the differential as possible. I measured what I was able to remove, and using the factory specification as a yardstick I figure that I was able to remove about 70% of the fluid.

OP
OP
D

DERaptor

Reaction score
I didn't want to get half way into the job nod wouldn't be able to get the cover back on. It looks like its so close the the steering rack. Not lot of room.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it is a bit tight but after y get it drained it is not to bad. The upper bolts at a bit of a challenge but require only patience no specialty tools. The cleaning the gasket surface was not bad either. I went and bought some rtv for axel housings to make the gasket with.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did it that way. I used a fluid pump with a small hose adaptor so that I could get the hose as deep into the differential as possible. I measured what I was able to remove, and using the factory specification as a yardstick I figure that I was able to remove about 70% of the fluid.

That's a good idea idk why I didn't think of that. I did that with my Polaris ranger when I did the rear diff on it and couldn't get the drain plug out. I wanted to change my front diff fluid out on my truck but couldn't get the skid plate off. I had the one bolt that has the clip in the frame on the drivers side where u cannot see it just spin and not come out. So I said f it and just took out the fill plug to see where the fluid level was and a bunch of fluid came out, should it be that over filled, I recently went through some deep water that's why I wanted to change it. Also is there any problems with putting in a full synthetic diff oil in with the little bit of factory oil that will be left, will it mix in properly.