Damn Weasels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here in Germany we have a marten (weasel) problem, they like to eat fiberglass.

Last winter my buddy was watching my truck and found this

ne8e6y5y.jpg

He said there were no problems so didn't think much of it.

Was out poking my head around after looking at the spark plug wire/Volant topic came up and found these

u2u4yjar.jpg
tooth marks

ypemynyd.jpg
more tooth marks

6uryjuhe.jpg eaten clear though on 1+3 cylinders

uzane5ah.jpg

7agu7e3a.jpg

ruvy7age.jpg

No clue when this was done. Could've been last year or last night. Truck drives fun. Milage is normal. No check engine light or DTC. Now I have to see of the local dealer has four new wires. Probably not.

OP
OP
The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something these are speak plug wires.

Maybe because there are two plugs on each cylinder, I don't know. I find it incredibly hard to believe that the truck wouldn't lose some power or throw a DTC.

Last edited:

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Doesn't one of the guys on mountain men catch martens to sell to fur people? Either way, sounds like you need to go hunting weasels!

OP
OP
The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$40 from Tasca and they'll be waiting for me when I get home. Stlll boggled about the lack of a DTC/Engine light.

Well if I get stationed at one of the Carolina bases, I'll drive to your house and we can do it in your driveway.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYyrqk-5hV8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter