ARB compressor vs Power Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get some onboard air compressor knowledge...

Most guys i see are running a CO2 tank on their trucks, and very few have 12v air compressors. But, the 12v seems to be better because you never run out of air, and you dont have to ever get it re filled.

I have searched with little success on the advantages of both. Can some one help me out? my main questions are:

How many tires can you fill up with the CO2 tank?
What are the advantages of the CO2 tank?
Can you run an impact wrench on the either?

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No air compressor will run air tools accept an on board AC compressor but they don't have that yet for the Raptor and it would be difficult to do. If you had a tank built in then air tools can be run from high volume air compressors but only for a short burst time.

A C02 bottle will do everything you need to do. Air up tires, run air tools. Power the beer keg. etc.

the only thing is it's cumbersome to pack but I've seen them worked into bed cages very nicely.

Tip. Get one of the cheaper air compressors, like from HFT to carry as an emergency for airing up tires in case your bottle runs out or you somehow spring a leak in it.

Mil T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter