t_j's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really liking that rear bumper. I like how the hitch receiver doesn't hang below the bottom tube. Your license plate will cover that expertly, and be there whenever you need it. Is the receiver and tow hooks flush with the leading edge of the tube? I imagine the receiver can be but the hooks cannot without blocking access to them. Hell of a nice shop too.

It's not quite flush, sits out about 1/2" so its not too bad, still working out what I'm going to do plate wise, i'm thinking either mount something in the receiver tube or use a flip up.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That short bar will provide a good step to reach the top of your cap now too. Good thinking. By far the best rear bumper I've seen to date. If I can get my hands on a shop, that's what I would like to do. Well done!

I was thinking something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009YIE14/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
for the license plate. Though it might not fit with the overhang of the top bar you mounted. Your option is cheaper too though. Just wondering how the springs and moving bits will stand up to the road salt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does not sit quite as flush as I would like:

MGlyONj.jpg

Old Mounts:

59ZcxhF.jpg

Modelled up some new mounts for it:

mxzWvaV.png

I'll plasma cut them at the weekend and get the welded on to the bumper, and get the plate frame powder coated black.
Paint/coatings also arrived today so may even be able to get the bumper on the truck next week!