The NorCal Super raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is the start of the build of my 2011 Super Crew 6.2. So far the only thing done to the truck are LineX, Logo graphics and a Lockpick.

The work is being done at Borelli Motor Sports in San Jose, CA (Um... Don't know if I'm allowed to say that here but I will soon find out). They do a lot of work on everything from Exotics to Nascars and they are really excited about this project.

STAGE 1
Today the the exhaust arrived from Stainless Works. We will be installing headers with cats, X pipe, true duals with mufflers and electric cutouts.

I'm hoping that the supercharger arrives soon as we want the truck completed by next week. ProCharger says they build each unit to order and then ship them out so it should be here any day now.

There will be video to follow but for now here are some pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi, im in norcal also, i had arh headers on my Z06, figured i wasnt going to keep it longer than 5 years but sold it a few months back. i wound up selling it to someone out of state because everyone here was scared it wouldnt pass.
will the raptor with headers and an exhaust with high flow cats pass emissions in California. i think we are exempt from testing for 6 years

OP
OP
Precious Metal

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neveo said:
hi, im in norcal also, i had arh headers on my Z06, figured i wasnt going to keep it longer than 5 years but sold it a few months back. i wound up selling it to someone out of state because everyone here was scared it wouldnt pass.
will the raptor with headers and an exhaust with high flow cats pass emissions in California. i think we are exempt from testing for 6 years

I don't know if it will pass after I mod the engine and exhaust. You do bring up an interesting challenge though. I figured I would drive it for a few years and if it wouldn't pass, I'd just sell it out of state.

If there is some interest, I'll get it tested after the supercharger gets put in. There is a shop in the building here that has a smog machine. He's not a test station but he runs the test before he goes to the test place to make sure cars are tuned properly. He can run it and tell us if he thinks it will pass.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to passing the sniffer test, I believe you would also need to pass the visual inspection too. I would think the ProCharger and headers would need CARB exemption.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
No way in hell you'll pass smog

Not in Cali anyways

I'm here and won't put em on for that reason

I plan on paying my truck off and driving her into the dirt

OP
OP
Precious Metal

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Installed and Dyno Test Video

Well, I finally got the exhaust put it. Stainless Works makes a great product but customer service is non-existent. Their complete kit did not include hardware for the headers, bypass tubes for the exhaust cutouts (worthless without them) and their install time estimate did not include one full day to remove the factory headers.

These oversights took my install time from one day to five. Mostly because the truck was in pieces while we ordered the parts that SW didn't include in their "complete kit".

DYNO TIME!
We did 3 dyno pulls at TPS Motorsports in Campbell CA after the exhaust system was installed. Didn't do a dyno of the truck stock because this been documented at around 326 RWHP/346 RWTQ. We ended up with a high of 334 HP/352 TQ without a tune yet.

YouTube - TPS Motorsports Customer: Matt's 2011 SVT Raptor

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 100
  • photo(31).jpg
    photo(31).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 115
  • photo(30).jpg
    photo(30).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 108

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Wait. Your truck made 334/352 with headers and full exhaust? I get that the truck hasn't been tuned yet but that doesn't seem right. I put my truck on the Dynojet at my buddy's shop. It made 336/343 right off the freeway... no fan, no cool down. Your new exhaust must have really thrown the stock tune for a loop.

I assumed that you dyno'd the truck in 3rd gear as well...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The work is being done at Borelli Motor Sports in San Jose, CA (Um... Don't know if I'm allowed to say that here but I will soon find out).

No worries man, you're fine.
We've got nothing against real members here talking about the shops/companies they deal with, we encourage you guys to recap such experiences.

Its the blatant spam guys with 1 post that is some ******** useless link that get the axe.