haloseventy8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure it's about time to start my build thread since I actually started ordering things for a Raptor build a month ago including a Whipple 2.9 supercharger and a complete Stainless works supercab lightning-style exit, all under the assumption I was going to pull the trigger on a 2013 as soon as it was possible to order one from AAFES.

As of this morning, 1 September, another Raptor genetic cloning request has been sent to Ford via the Military Car Sales program. It's a luxury package tuxedo black with everything but bead locked capable wheels, graphics, and blue accented interior. Black on black for this one.

It's going straight to Team JDM from the factory to get Whipplecharged and JDM tuned then put on a boat and I should have it sometime in the next four months.

I'll post updates here as I get them. Team JDM has told me they'll be sending me updates, pictures, and numbers/figures from the job as it happens.

Do y'all think Europe is ready for something like this? :)

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats. Theres a bunch of raptors in europe already. My buddy told me while he was on his 1 month euro trip he saw 2 in the U.k.. 3 in germany, 2 in italy, and 8 different ones in moscow, russia. Seems like they are really popular in russia where they sell them for 120,000 euros. But then again he told me while he was in russia for a week he saw a dozen maybachs 62s and lambos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
whipplesaurus

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen a couple over here in the UK as well at car meets and shows, but no more than 2 or 3 and all stock street queens. I'm hoping to break that mold :)

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
aDD built a few raptors to ship over to russia that were completely decked out , i believe it was for some expedition company. I love raptors but having lived all over europe i would not want to be drivingnthem there. I cant imagine driving a raptor through the streets of paris where i lived lmao the streets were 6 foot wide, i already didnt have space for my toureg to street park, cant imagine a raptor.
Hell i can barely find street parking here in toronto non the less france.
Goodluck looks like your gonna have a blast

OP
OP
whipplesaurus

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aDD built a few raptors to ship over to russia that were completely decked out , i believe it was for some expedition company. I love raptors but having lived all over europe i would not want to be drivingnthem there. I cant imagine driving a raptor through the streets of paris where i lived lmao the streets were 6 foot wide, i already didnt have space for my toureg to street park, cant imagine a raptor.
Hell i can barely find street parking here in toronto non the less france.
Goodluck looks like your gonna have a blast

Were they decked out with just bumpers and lights and aesthetics or suspensions or power adders all all three?

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I believe everything. It was a complete build, try looking it up. I think the name of the expedition company was neptune something

OP
OP
whipplesaurus

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably should have posted this earlier, but I got my VIN number from the factory a week ago and was given a build date of 15 October. Next stop, JDM in New Jersey :)

OP
OP
whipplesaurus

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update. Superstorm Sandy has thrown a monkeywrench in my plans as my truck was to be delivered in New Jersey and be worked on by JDM in New Jersey. The truck was built on 15 October and there's still no sign of it at the destination dealership and all deliveries to New Jersey will almost certainly be slowed down for the foreseeable future. I did talk to Jim Jr this morning, and based on some things I've read on the forum recently, primarily thanks to rbarn and MTFrobin, I asked about the Whipple kit's pulley size and had Jim Jr. add the smaller 3.2 pulley to my order instead. I also upgraded to the Cobra Jet throttlebody instead of the GT500 which is the one that comes with the kit. And thanks to rbarn's Whipple install thread, I asked him to change out the alternator during the Whipple install, so thanks for that tip, buddy. I love when getting on the phone for ten minutes has me spending another thousand bucks on a truck I've never even seen haha. 100 dollars a minute. That sounds like old school phone company long distance charges from when I was growing up.