Front Suspension Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorinTX

Reaction score
I'd like to get some thoughts on the return on investment for some of the enhancements made on the front suspension - excluding aesthetics - what provides the greatest benefits in reliability, performance, capabilities are being gained based on the enhancements. I realize this relates to the application or type of terrain but for me it is high speed desert driving on Baja type terrain.

A number of people have suggested the following in this order perch adjustment on stock shocks, UCA and steering tie rods offer good benefits.

I have also started experimenting with new shocks (KIng) and ADD UCA with 2" extension for additional travel. Nothing to report at this time. Have concerns on reliability but we will see.

I've started to look into the Brenthel (they a number installed) and SDHQ (None in use). Does any one have an experience with the Brenthel long travel kit?

Brenthel Industries's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I know someone who has a Brenthel kit, and he is pretty excited about it. I wouldn't suggest all that extra offroad speed without a full cage though.

OP
OP
R

RaptorinTX

Reaction score
I know someone who has a Brenthel kit, and he is pretty excited about it. I wouldn't suggest all that extra offroad speed without a full cage though.

Can you share and details or experiences with regards to performance? Thanks

Full cage is being built this week by RPM rollbars to SCORE requirements.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I know that he loves it. 17" of travel, and it sounds pretty bullet proof. I know the truck ran all the way from Tecate to Cabo with zero problems. I think he has glass up front too.

I dont think he is on this forum, but I can call him for more details.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Its the white one on brenthels FB page with the Monster energy logo under the mirror.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
SDHQ has a few LT kits out but they built their first few kits at factory width. On their new kits they wanted to go longer so they are pushing the wheels out slightly for more travel. I don't know much about Brenthel but if SDHQ knows one thing its suspension. They had a huge hold-up with their axle supplier but from what I hear that has been rectified. Personally if I was dropping that kind of coin I would have to see some work in person before dropping my truck off.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Brenthel is pretty decent at suspension. They build everything from bolt on kits to complete trophy trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter