Dude's 2017 Build Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also I ended up going with a ceramic coat rather than a paint protection film. SDHQ said their shop trucks and customer trucks with PPF haven't held up well in the heat and running in the desert.

I got a pretty good deal on the ceramic coat and if I do decide to get a PPF I have a friend who does wraps who can do it for cheap.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Added some pics from today's run on the first page. Update coming soon.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still somewhat new to off roading in a truck even though I've been off roading for a while with other types of vehicles, so my review might not be the best.

The PCI magnetic mic hangup is strong! I haven't gotten it to fall off once.

No problems with the eibach springs. Some guys have been complaining about them but I can't see why. They're not really better or worse but they give me a little more clearance and they're the perfect height to go with my deaver +3s and that's what I was looking for.

Deaver springs are the real deal! Huge improvement and way more controlled.

I run my raptor hard and I have drifted it before but I haven't really ever tried to. It slides so well and easily. Just put it in 2 wheel drive, manual shifting, hit the gas, and it goes into a nice balanced and controlled slide.

I've also never aired down before but it really does make a difference. With my currie tire deflator and power tank, airing down/up is just a couple minutes and the truck feels smoother and more controlled when you take some air out of the tires.

I know there are still a lot of things that can be improved but it runs very well the way it is now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask because I know I'm not that good at detailed write ups.

What's next:
Pismo next weekend
Bed supports, rock sliders, bump stops and maybe replacement shocks and UCAs in a few months

Last edited:

RaptorShennanigans

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, this is great and helpful. I respect the humility and courage to admit you don't know everything, but you sure the hell are trying! I'm in the same boat. Grew up in the dirt with my dad but he passed before he could teach me the ways.. haha.. So, I'll build the plane while I fly it and learn from those willing to teach me on the trails. Keep it up man, you build is awesome and every time I'm at SDHQ your truck is a reference truck to what we're doing with mine, so thanks!

Curious, why power tank instead of on board ARB system? I've been going back and forth on that...

Aldo, any regrets going to 37's? I've had 37's on all my other trucks but I've lifted them more than I care to lift my Raptor. Anything you would have changed for Stage 2 build out?

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, this is great and helpful. I respect the humility and courage to admit you don't know everything, but you sure the hell are trying! I'm in the same boat. Grew up in the dirt with my dad but he passed before he could teach me the ways.. haha.. So, I'll build the plane while I fly it and learn from those willing to teach me on the trails. Keep it up man, you build is awesome and every time I'm at SDHQ your truck is a reference truck to what we're doing with mine, so thanks!

Curious, why power tank instead of on board ARB system? I've been going back and forth on that...

Aldo, any regrets going to 37's? I've had 37's on all my other trucks but I've lifted them more than I care to lift my Raptor. Anything you would have changed for Stage 2 build out?

The power tank is crazy fast, higher output psi, can run air tools, and it's a little more versatile. It does have to be refilled but a 10 lb tank will last a while. I do have an arb portable compressor if I ever need it.

I don't regret 37s at all. At this ride height they hardly rub anymore unless I'm turning and flexing or fully compressed and they handle really well in the rough stuff.

I love everything I've done so far and I only wish I could have done more. Those camburg UCAs look nice.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pismo is a blast so far. The truck shreds way better than I was expecting. Maybe I don't need a rzr anymore. It could still use some long travel and 700 or so horsepower though. :ROFLJest:

The 37s are rubbing like crazy at 20 psi. Definitely need glass if I plan on doing this a lot. Still have my liners and they don't look like they plan on coming out any time soon though.

And I'm really liking these sirens and I definitely need one.

About to add a few pics to the first page. Maybe I'll grab more/better pics tomorrow. I was too busy having fun.

Last edited:

jrrhoad

Reaction score
The 37s are rubbing like crazy at 20 psi. Definitely need glass if I plan on doing this a lot. Still have my liners and they don't look like they plan on coming out any time soon though.

The R.O.C. crew is awesome. Can't wait til R.O.C. Fest with them. They definitely helped me give my truck a proper break in back on the Area 51 run.

Was curious how 37's would do when someone was out like this with them or another group. Seen some guys post that they ran hard with 37's and held up fine but I had pretty good rubbing at full compression even on stock tires after the run with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk