New Owner of 2014 SVT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlbanyRaptor

Reaction score
My question is how do you veteran owners handle washing and cleaning your Raptor. I took it to a car wash and immediately decided my vehicle is not going into a standard automated car wash until I check in with the Forum. The car wash folks gave me the standard " we have trucks like your in here all the time"....needless to say I told him blow it - I'll do my due diligence first....feedback?

Attachments

• IMG_3022.jpg
    IMG_3022.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 104

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is how do you veteran owners handle washing and cleaning your Raptor. I took it to a car wash and immediately decided my vehicle is not going into a standard automated car wash until I check in with the Forum. The car wash folks gave me the standard " we have trucks like your in here all the time"....needless to say I told him blow it - I'll do my due diligence first....feedback?

congrats on the new truck! when I first got my truck I did the same thing and quickly realized it was a mistake so after that I started to invest some money into Chemical Guys products and some good ol' fashoned hand washing methods. its the best route and Chemical Guys has some great products.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF! Great looking Raptor you got there.

Keep it looking great by staying out of the automatic carwash no matter what! Swirl marks on a black vehicle suck!

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another schnitzenbgruben darling? Welcome aboard....good color choice.

The owner's manual for your Raptor specifically states to stay clear of car washes. So if you have the time, definitely wash it by hand.

I on the other hand live in an area where 4 months out of the year the roads are full of salt and will wreck havoc on a vehicle. Luckily there are several new car washes around my parts that can accommodate larger vehicles and have the lastest in washing technology. I am fortunate that I don't have any swirl marks on my black paint. It's basically at you own risk if you try out an automatic car wash.