New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onnex

Reaction score
New here. Just picked up a black 2012 SCab with ~50k miles, and loving it so far. Closest thing I've had to a raptor was a 4runner and a tacoma, so this thing is definitely a whole different world.

It's already some extras on it with the SnugTop shell, King Coilover shock kit, camburg upper arms, method wheels + Nitto trail grapplers (probably coming off for terra grappler G2s). I cant find many signs it was too beat up in it's previous life at all, but Im planning on having some fun with this thing. Ive got a long list of additional mods planned.. so I would say there's likely a build thread in my future :)

Attachments

• 00u0u_cMdMQsTGDFI_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_cMdMQsTGDFI_600x450.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 00x0x_lKLma4RdKkq_600x450.jpg
    00x0x_lKLma4RdKkq_600x450.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 00X0X_iVmjdWBCerr_600x450.jpg
    00X0X_iVmjdWBCerr_600x450.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

onnex

Reaction score
Also figured I would toss this out.. ive looked around at the different threads on the topic, but I really want to drop the rear of the truck as much as possible. It seems like there isn't a super clear consensus on this... but please correct me if im wrong.

Im looking to do this for convenience with the need to frequently load stuff in and out of the bed as well as fit within the garage.. and I also love the look. Closer to the pre-runner look vs the stock 'ass-up' look. I also dont see myself really pushing the truck to the limits.. so there should be less drawbacks to doing this?

Couple o questions:

I have 1-2" rough country shackles on the way.. could i use those with smaller lift blocks with out causing long-term damage? (Like the readylift kit.) Could i just remove the lift block all together?

Also is the king kit adjustable height? It seems like it is, but I can't find it written anywhere explicitly.

(prolly noticed, but truck suspension is not my strong suit, so excuse any dumb/uninformed statements)

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
welcome. Looks to be off to a great start already. Let us know if we can help you out with your upcoming mods.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Howdy, nice find. Your front coilovers can be adjusted for height but not your rears. I would drop the rear with shackles to level the truck in your case.