New Guy in NYC area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drdjin

drdjin

Reaction score
A raptor in New York City!?!? I considered road tripping up there and everybody told me my raptor wouldn't fit on the streets or the parking spots there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh and yeah welcome to the forum!

:win:
LoL, every bit of that is true.. I took it to downtown this past weekend, found a spot, barely fit, thanks to the camera.. My only complaint is that the default monitor is so small to show you side by side of over the top view.. So parking is a bit of shift to reverse, wait, tap the camera, wait, then maneuver, shift to drive, wait, tap camera for front camera, tap again to enlarge, tap again if needed to check corners.. Damn, that is just one back and forth... Imagine if you have to go back and forth 10 times.. needless to say it took a while..
P.S. no one care to know about Raptor in the big Apple City...
They are more into exotics.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Wow, this is certainly a warm welcome, thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A raptor in New York City!?!? I considered road tripping up there and everybody told me my raptor wouldn't fit on the streets or the parking spots there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh and yeah welcome to the forum!

You'll fit the city is loaded with trucks and buses. Parking, its hard to FIND a spot, even if you're driving a tiny car, heavily congested, but that's when Ford pass can come in handy & will help you find a parking garage.

OP
OP
drdjin

drdjin

Reaction score
hi,

I am new also - I like your comparison to the X5M

I drove a X5M in december and was blown away BUT it is not a very useful vehicle ( and $115,000 to boot )

-Paul

Yes, I absolutely got tired of only able to carry minimal stuff in my trunk.. X5M is an absolute a beast of a car, but with that said, time to move on, especially since we have given away our minivan.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

You'll fit the city is loaded with trucks and buses. Parking, its hard to FIND a spot, even if you're driving a tiny car, heavily congested, but that's when Ford pass can come in handy & will help you find a parking garage.

I just got slapped with a $33 surcharge for a big car.. WTF.. $65 parking + $33 surcharge.. OUCH!!!