New guy from Alaska.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SupraTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey FRF,

My name is Keith, I'm in the US Army, currently stationed at Ft. Richardson in Anchorage, Ak. I'm currently in Afghanistan finishing a 10 month tour here, i have 30 days left then i'll start my trip back to Ak. I currently own a 1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo with a few goodies. I'm seriously thinking about selling the Supra and getting a 2013 Raptor soon. I have 6 months left in Ak then i will PCS to Ft. Meade, Maryland. The dealers in Ak are crazy about their prices. I seen a 2012 going for $65K. They put a $10K mark up on them and will not budge. So i will wait till i get to Md to sell the Supra and get my Raptor. I look forward to meeting some Md owners when i get there. This site rocks, i have learned a lot from reading and lurking around the site.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome! I say sell the Supra and pick up a Raptor for sure, you won't regret it!

Oh and if you want the snazzy military logo below your username, follow this link: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f2/law-enforcement-fire-military-members-1719/

Also, thank you for your service, and stay safe out there. I spend a good bit of my time out there too so I know how it is.

If you or your guys need a care package or 5 PM me and we can get you hooked up. Here's what we've been doing on that front so far: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/care-packages-deployed-military-members-13741/

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f2/ford-raptor-forum-military-appreciation-13990/

Sorry to bombard you with a ton of stuff, just wanted to get you the info in case you want to make use of it.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Thank you for your service. It's people like you that keep the rest of us safe.
you will love the raptor. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keith,

Welcome, i also live in Anchorage. If you would like to drive my truck pm me when you get back and we can make that happen. I bought my truck from Randy on this forum.

Again, thanks to you and your buddy's for your service.

Hank

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I agree with the others in thanking you for your service and making the country a better and safer place for the rest of us! Definitely go for the Raptor if you can as you will never want another vehicle after owning this one! Also if you can order one as opposed to buying off lot you are likely able to get a better price! Thanks again!

hattrik0797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and you will love the Raptor when you get it! I'm just following everyone in saying thank you for serving our country and all of the sacrifices that come with doing such. No matter how many times you hear it, just know that in my opinion it isn't anywhere near enough. It's the ultimate sacrifice so a huge thank you from me and my girls in San Diego (wife Tara, Peyton 3 years old, and Colbie 1 1/2)!!!!

OP
OP

97SupraTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I really look forward to meeting and getting to know everyone. Aarons419, i really appreciate the offer, but i only have 30 days left here and don't really need anything. It's great that you guys do send packages out, i know i've been to a few places where there is literally nothing and when you run out of things, you are sol. Cubdrive, my platoon leader has a 2010 raptor he said he will let me drive, but if not i might take you up on that offer.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get home safe! I'm in Anchorage as well. I bought my truck in state and got a very good deal on it. WHen you get back get ahold of me and we'll get together. I'll give you all the info you want. I ordered mine for $2500 under MSRP. Randy is also a great option...I just didn't want to pay the shipping.