Hi from Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuka

Reaction score
Hi y'all, I am a car guy from Houston looking to get order a SCREW or find one without every single option checked like most around Houston seems to be, plus markup.

I have had all kinds of cars from the current Hellcat Challenger M6 to the back in the pre kids days 03 GT2, and everything in between.

One of the cars in the fleet right now is 16 Hyper Blue STI that I can't decide if I want to keep it post lease termination, trade in for the Raptor, or just turn it in in a few months at lease end. I like it enough but if a deal can be worked out for a Raptor it gon.

I also have a 43K mile 06 M3 ZCP 6 speed that literally the last time I drove it was when I took it in for the annual oil change.

And lastly I have a 12 135 DCT that I would love to trade in and be done with, but at present the book value is hilariously bad that I will have to try to sell it myself, which is always a lot of fun, if you are into being tortured, that is.

I am working with a dealer to see if they can give me a decent number for the Hyperblue STI. I know the resale is very strong on that car, and I can trade it in for a new STI and get a few grand easily from my Subaru dealer, but I am not getting the 18 STI even though Subaru finally put the roof rack mounts back and added 6 pot giant brembo's in the front (vs 4), since they took a page out of BMW and Ford's holding option hostage book and you can no longer order an STI without sunroof if you want NAV, and both my 16 and the 13 I traded came without sunroof.

In fact, I almost always order my car and wait. The 16 Challenger Hellcat is manual, no sunroof, with the only option being the brass monkey wheels. Also had a 11 ordered CTSV wagon recaro manual with no sunroof, crying shame that Cadillac took out the Tremec 6 for V3, which is how I ended up with the Hellcat challenger. Everyone needs a manual big American boat with even bigger engine in his life.

Anyway, just a long winded intro of me as a car guy and my current fleet. To add the Raptor right without removing a car from the current fleet would mean a mandatory sleeping bag mod in the garage, so either the 135 or the STI would have to go, depends on where I can get the best number for either.

The current race red deal I am working on has more options than I would like, but it doesn't have sunroof so it's not the end of the world if the deal works out.

If not I welcome any leads to MSRP or less for an allocation for ordering. With 4 cars, I don't mind waiting if I order.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Houstonion! I ordered mine from Gullo ford in Conroe. They do MSRP no markups or any other bs. I looked at Autonation, Planet Ford, and a bunch of other places and I did not have lucky finding one at MSRP and the ones on the lot are generally fully loaded stickers and all. Chris Hawk is my sales guy, they don’t even want a deposit as he told me that if I did not buy it when it came in they would have it sold fast anyway. I placed my order late Oct and it is being built now. Should have it before Christmas.

OP
OP
S

stuka

Reaction score
Hello fellow Houstonion! I ordered mine from Gullo ford in Conroe. They do MSRP no markups or any other bs. I looked at Autonation, Planet Ford, and a bunch of other places and I did not have lucky finding one at MSRP and the ones on the lot are generally fully loaded stickers and all. Chris Hawk is my sales guy, they don’t even want a deposit as he told me that if I did not buy it when it came in they would have it sold fast anyway. I placed my order late Oct and it is being built now. Should have it before Christmas.

Wow, two votes for Gullo and they are in my neck of the woods even!

I had to drive to Dallas to get my Go Mango Challenger Hellcat during the hellcat blowout sale earlier this year because all the Houston dealers were playing games and not honoring the lease incentive. It would be a nice change if I can actually buy a car from a dealer near my house.

Hopefully they won't insist on me ordering 802, because I don't want it. I am a stripper model kind of guy.

OP
OP
S

stuka

Reaction score
Thanks to Marc and David who pointed me to Gullo.

Ordered a LB SCREW today with 801, TBC, TBA, box lights, tailgate step, spray liner, bed extender, remote start, and NAV.

OP
OP
S

stuka

Reaction score
Just got an email from my sales guy that my scheduled to day is 2/22/18.

Spec'ed my allocation on 11/21/17.

If I get the car by 3/21/18 that would be 4 months start to finish.