Why I sold my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my Raptor yesterday and picked up my new EcoBoost FX4.

I loved my Raptor, but a few things pushed me to move on.

1) Fuel economy, I know you don't buy them for fuel economy but I save $3.60 ever 60 miles I drive now. I drive 35,000 miles per year.

2) I never got to use it like a Raptor should be used. Gravel roads was the closest I got and it's just plain stupid to drive on gravel and avoid pavement to get the Raptor experience. If I lived in a place where you can run balls to the wall on a wide openspace....different story.

3) Nagging power steering pump issue....damn thing blew and after 5 different dealers I gave up on ever having a quiet one like my first.

4) Exhaust cut-out. I put one in dumb move. I could never seat the damn thing right to stop the exhause spitting.

5) I bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for the tight trails here in Alberta. $24,000 cheaper and I can bump every weakness except the nameplate for that kind of money.

6) Behemoth to use off-road for the reasons above

7) unwanted attention. Seriously I hated getting stared at and I hated every 90IQ Dodge Ram owner challenging me at the light. All tried all failed btw....

I loved my Raptor, I'm not going to miss it.

Weird

Jeff

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you used logic to make your decision.

Unfortunately many people fail to use logic before buying vehicles leading to expensive lessons.

Sounds like you're on the right track now. Enjoy

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one word. *****! lol when you're married you don't need a chick magnet.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Jeff, that's too bad, but glad you are happy with the choice. I would gladly pay the extra $2000.00 for gas over 35000 miles to run a Raptor over an ecoboost, despite the Raptor being a pig on gas I don't think the ecoboost to be that much better. I do agree that the Jeep is probably better for the tight off road trails that we have in Canada.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reference to the comment right above me. I have to agree when it comes to fuel economy. I test drove both the raptor and ecoboost (few hrs each). Raptor did ~13mpg, ecoboost was ~ 14.2 or 14.3......not enough to sway me.
AlbertaRaptor, glad you found something that fits your needs, that's all that matters.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me... I was thinking the eco-boost also since I have a place quite a ways away from where I stay at now and I do need a truck... But the resale value makes up for all this extra cost with the fuel so the hell with it...

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
talked to a guy last week who had an ecobust. said he was only getting about 13 around town. i think i might be able to squeeze 12 or so outa mine after shes all broke in if i dont romp on it too much. and v6 vs v8. im not regretting my purchase too much yet.