What MODS for MPG increase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my C6 with the 6spd got 30mpg at 80mph. THIS car willl not do that. The new (to me) car is a 2001 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo ZO6 converted to a 4L80e automatic for drag racing. Rather than go into all that here's the FS add....

WTS/WTT TwinTurbo Lienfeilter Covevette Z06

This car is an INSANE sleeper. Nice and quite and still retains full interior and A/C. When it was put together money was no object and its got the best of the best at the time. Plain and simple, its a weapon...and you'd never know it. I'm not telling the HP or ET so dont ask. Its a car for Hot Rod Drag Week and during the event it will tow a small utility trailer, but NOT on the drive from home to the event. It will be trailered for that.

Here is just one overview vid for those that don't know what this event is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQsaVWA3gNg

- Travis

So cool! I live in Oklahoma City and I've never even heard of this event. Looks like good times! Let's see a pic of that 'vette!

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To increase mpg there are just a few things you can do

Lower the ride hight:
This will help with earodynamics

Switch to "normal" road tires with lightweight rims
Decrease rolling resistance and spinning weight

Lowweight high strength driveshaft
Decrease spinning weight

Adjust shift pattern to stay in low ref range
Less refs is less fuel

Change drive ratios
Less ref is less fuel

Engine swap a ecoboost in

Go diesel ?! ;)

68Shark

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a gear vendors unit to increase gears thus decreasing rpms on freeway? I know their units are not cheap but if you spend a lot of time on highway...just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a gear vendors unit to increase gears thus decreasing rpms on freeway? I know their units are not cheap but if you spend a lot of time on highway...just a thought.

That would destroy the low end.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

slow down 10mph

bingo!

Todd2

Reaction score
I can get 14 MPG in combined everyday driving to and from work (seems to depend on the gas I buy).

However, towing a 22' tritoon with a 150 HP Yammi at 80 MPH in the hills drops me down to 8 MPG!! :mad: That baby will just SUCK the gas.

Speed makes all the difference when towing a billboard through the air.

Have fun at your event.

Todd

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow this with my raptor a few times. During a 600 mile trip I got 5 mpg. Keep in mind fully loaded fuel ect it's around 14/15k lbs
ada5u5yj.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD