Vehicle settings for drag racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
With all the different settings these trucks have I am not sure which one or a combination of ones would give me the best 1/4 mile performance, do I put it in off road sport mode and engage the locking rear end? or just leave everything alone and just floor it!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
don't shift manually, let the trans shift itself. At WOT it's going to wind out the gear as long as you'd want it to anyway.

put the locker on, it'll disengage above 20 mph anyway

hold traction control till it turns off completely. not just the single press to put it in sport mode or whatever it is.

as for ORM and T/H, not quite sure on that one. Guys say T/H mode seems to pep the truck up a bit with how it responds, I haven't even really messed with it yet, actually forgot I even had it lol

Oh and don't stall it up real high on the launch. Many times just flashing the converter will get you the best launch rather than stalling it up real high and bogging things down.

I'll be taking mine out to the track in April just to see what it'll do for the heck of it. Oh and it'll be towing my buddy's Lightning there, so I'll be unhitching, racing next to him, then hitching back up and towing him home! lol

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't our locker the only locker that stays engaged up to 100 mph? Also, wouldn't you want it to be in Manual so you could get max revs?