TRR Raptoberfest 2014 tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayp_

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going down my checklist for needs before the run, and I just figured I'd ask you guys and maybe some seasoned pros might be able to shed some tips.

I'm in need of a fire extinguisher. Where can I find one for a decent price that will actually keep my truck from burning to the ground? And what else am I missing?
I know I need DOT approved helmets, but is there anything else that makes life a little but more nice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I'm going down my checklist for needs before the run, and I just figured I'd ask you guys and maybe some seasoned pros might be able to shed some tips.

I'm in need of a fire extinguisher. Where can I find one for a decent price that will actually keep my truck from burning to the ground? And what else am I missing?
I know I need DOT approved helmets, but is there anything else that makes life a little but more nice?

On the fire extinguisher, call WSI and get a quick release mount. It comes with band clamps to secure the fire extinguisher to the removable mount. I dont think its on their website. I bought a fire extinguisher from auto zone and the bolted the quick release mechanism to the underside of the drivers side rear door arm rest.

If you want to get a helmet, either get an open face or a closed face with race air capability. Dont make the mistake of getting a closed one like I did. It got super hot at texas raptor run. But. I like the look of the closed face helmets. So I got a new helmet and the rear vent race air system from SDHQ. This way you can have a climate controlled helmet. Sweeeeet!

Here are the links:

Talk to WSI and order the Fire extinguisher mount
Contact Us | WSI FabricationWSI Fabrication

Sdhq rear vent air system
Raptor Forced Air Adapter

Hose: 4' recommended length. Talked to Serena on the phone and she recommended 4'
PCI Race Air Hose

Helmet. There are cheaper ones out there.
Pro Airflow SA2010 Series Full Face Forced Air Flat Black

Even with the air on max, I was burning up in my full face helmet. I know this set-up right here will work awesome. It will make the lap much more enjoyable! Hope all this helps.

cheapmike13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire extinguisher are like $25 at autozone good quality. Just buy a offroad mount online.

I bought DOT helmets a walmart for $50 tops id go with a 3/4 open face it's easier for people that have to puke out your truck and not fumble with the strap trying to take it off.

Sent from a banana

OP
OP
Rayp_

Rayp_

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Haha already picked up a box with 2 10" subs.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
air compressor for air up/down is a huge help. I use the VAIR 450P which is a bit expensive, but man it works great on bigger tires.

OP
OP
Rayp_

Rayp_

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is airing down that great of a benefit at something like this?