Transporting Raptor cross country?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks guys for your feedback of this subject. I am now DEFINITELY driving the Rap to/from Michigan for the SnoBall, especially since diesel is a buck+ more expensive than gas! Happy Holidays everyone!

MMM

Will you be going on I-44 through Springfield Missouri? That is where I am driving from. Convoy?
I plan on meeting up with the Chicago folks and convoy to MI.

OP
OP
M

MMMoodster

Reaction score
Will you be going on I-44 through Springfield Missouri? That is where I am driving from. Convoy?

Sounds like a possibility to convoy part of the way possibly. Although I have to veer off and go through Detroit to drop off my wife and dog at inlays before then heading straight north up 75 North to the UP. When are you planning on leaving Springfield?

D

Deleted member 12951

Sounds like a possibility to convoy part of the way possibly. Although I have to veer off and go through Detroit to drop off my wife and dog at inlays before then heading straight north up 75 North to the UP. When are you planning on leaving Springfield?

Haven't made a final decision yet so flexible. Kinda depends on the weather and roads. If they get bad, would like to leave early evening on the 14th and get partially up there and then travel to Chicago the following day. If the weather is nice and roads clear, then the 15th mid-morning or earlier, it's about an 8 hour drive from here to Chicago. I am definitely planning on spending the night by Chicago on Thursday to meet up with the Chicago convoy on Friday morning.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always REALLY wanted to do the SnoBall but I am almost dead nuts 2,000 miles away from the starting point so the trip would be around 4700 miles total. Never have really found a semi decently economical way to not put 5k on the truck.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There's a large contingent coming from the East/Northeast by way of MI. Keep us posted of your timeline, and you should be able to fall in line with us as we're passing through.

OP
OP
M

MMMoodster

Reaction score
Best motel in Springfield?

Since you are local I thought that I'd run this by you. We plan to spend the night in Springfield and first and foremost want a hotel/motel that is safe so my Raptor will not get broken into or vandalized. Also, we will have our dog too. Any recommendations? We are looking at the Best Western at 2535 N. Glenstone Ave. 65803. OK neighborhood?
Mike
210-601-1391 cell

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good move driving the Raptor. They are great long haul. We go from Michigan to SW Missouri several times a year (13 hours door to door) and, particularly in the dead of winter, I wouldn't rather be driving anything else. ALSO.... That route and time of year, particularly anywhere N of Springfield and you can get dumped on with snow/ice. No way would I want to be pulling a flatbed with a Raptor on it in 8" of unplowed snow. Last year, we were coming back from Shell Knob, got sleepy and overnighted in Terre Haute, IN. Woke up with 10" of unplowed all the way to Ft. Wayne, IN. Raptor just bombed right through. Probably wouldn't have made it in twice the time pulling a flatbed with a Raptor on it.

Attachments

• SNOW-1-2.jpg
    SNOW-1-2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think this thread will work without having to start another. Who has experience with transportation companies? I'm looking to have the truck trailered back to AZ after Snoball OR is anyone passing through there afterwards?

D

Deleted member 12951

Since you are local I thought that I'd run this by you. We plan to spend the night in Springfield and first and foremost want a hotel/motel that is safe so my Raptor will not get broken into or vandalized. Also, we will have our dog too. Any recommendations? We are looking at the Best Western at 2535 N. Glenstone Ave. 65803. OK neighborhood?

Mike

210-601-1391 cell

That is on the north side and is "ok", not bad but not the better side of town. Its by the Interstate so not sure who drifts through there. The south side of Springfield is better. I am only 15 minutes from there, in Republic. I talked with my wife, you are more than welcome to spend the night at our house, we have two spare bedrooms and would be more than happy to accommodate you.

When are you planning on being in town?

PM me if you like.