Stainless Kevlar brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to get my brakelines upgraded. I can't decide between alpha 1 or SDHQ. Would like to hear some opinions and maybe vendors that have sold either or...probably would buy tonight or tomorrow. Hate waiting to pull the trigger on things.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RPG has a brand new brake line kit front and rear for $219. We've had great success with them on the BOLT, but they're the same for the standard application, just shorter. I don't have them on the WOG website yet because we're still waiting on shooting professional pictures of them, so call or email me at [email protected] if you are interested in them.

Here's the description that will go on the website soon:

Brake Line Kit, Stainless Steel
$219
Options:
• Standard Length
• Extended Length for Long Travel Kits
o 4” Longer Front
o 6” Longer Rear

These are the only aftermarket stainless steel braided brake lines that are D.O.T. approved and have anti-kink boots for the Ford Raptor. Stainless steel brake lines provide better braking response and eliminate the squishy pedal feel that you get with the stock rubber lines.

For serious desert off-roading, puncturing a brake line is always a concern. Soft rubber brake lines are susceptible to small punctures from rocks or brush that could end up being catastrophic. Steel brake lines also don't swell as easily as the stock rubber lines. With repeated use, your stock brake lines stretch from the pressure of the fluid running through it. Once the line is stretched, the line pressure decreases, which weakens braking performance. Over time, this decrease in braking performance will only become more if a problem. In a panic situation, you definitely don't want swollen lines. Steel brake lines can't swell and your brakes' performance will remain strong.

The brake lines come in Standard Length for stock travel trucks, and Extended Length for trucks running Long Travel suspensions.
These are a minimal investment into desert proofing your Raptor while providing firmer brake feel and extending braking performance over the life of your truck.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
may have to hit you up for these, look real good on the site...standard length would work just fine, no long travel plans here...i'm sure 37s don't make a difference correct?

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in these. I bought a kit from RPG and SDHQ early last fall. Neither were right for my 2014. Both sets had 2 lines for each side of the rear brakes but the 2014 has a continuous line from the upper flex to the caliper through what looks like a fitting. but it's not. Best guess is it's a mounting barrel that they attach to a clip on the axle.

Is this kit one piece for each side of the rear?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have the Alpha kit. Not pleased. On the 2013/2014 the rear hard lines that go to the caliper hose DO NOT SEPARATE, but you get 6 lines. So you'd assume an easy install.... No. @rap67 and I both have two lines that are useless now. I bought new rear lines from Ford thinking it was hard lines only, nope. But now I have a template to make my own rear hard lines and then make everything fit like it should. I'll put up a thread once I get it all sorted out and give details on what you'll need, etc.
@rap67 you posted before I did....

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, which now begs the question, will these work with a 14? If not I'm out...they look solid too, hopefully they'll work....

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Find out before you buy. The answer you get is that you don't need the rear caliper hose as it is less than 12" and won't swell that much... Then why did I get two extra lines?!? So I'll make it work and post the results that will hopefully be helpful to everyone.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like @Jimbo I got a ford oem set as well and had the same surprise. Gonna fab some up as well. Looking forward to jimbos final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner