Shock powder coat color choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I think i'm going PC my icon shocks when I rebuild them in a few weeks. I have a molten orange truck and was thinking some shade of blue for the shock bodies, method bolts, lug nuts, and bump stop frame off the icon bump kit, maybe the brake callipers. I'm hoping to be able to pull the bed for a week or so and get in and repaint the frame and generally clean up under the truck in the spring.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would stick with silver.....

What are you going to paint the frame with? I always wanted to pull my bed and completely coat everything with Raptor Liner. Stuff is super strong and would help with rack strikes.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would stick with silver.....

What are you going to paint the frame with? I always wanted to pull my bed and completely coat everything with Raptor Liner. Stuff is super strong and would help with rack strikes.

I am probably going to go with por 15 but am open to other suggestions.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't powder coating the shocks prevent them from expelling heat? I'd be all over powder coating mine so I don't have to drive around all winter creating an oil slick behind me of amsoil hd so long as the heat thing isn't an issue.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Was thinking about powdercoating my stock ones, Interested to see how this goes.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't powder coating the shocks prevent them from expelling heat? I'd be all over powder coating mine so I don't have to drive around all winter creating an oil slick behind me of amsoil hd so long as the heat thing isn't an issue.

Yes it does cause some heat dissipation loss but it can't be that bad as you can have this done by king from the factory. I don't think you'd want to do it on a race truck but on a street/occasional dirt truck it should be just fine.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I did a test chip of some orange I picked up a couple of weeks ago:

9upegrs.png

The base colour is a little light but the metallic is almost a perfect match!